Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After the judgement day (when you will all get the results you need!!) it will be time to start thinking about Freshers week!! The freshers website has lots of details and under student essentials it has a booking form that you can send in to pre-book tickets for events and also merchandise!!

Just wondered if it was worth doing this, or will it be easy to get hold of tickets in the first few days?? It seems like you can save a few quid by booking now!!

The events look really good- with Lemar at the freshers ball and Scott Mills DJing at another!!

How strict are the guild with letting people in?? Do you have to be a member of the university to get in?? Cos i was thinking of bringing my bf to one of the event, not the freshers ball, another one, would that be ok- if i bought his ticket????

The other thing is that i would really like a UofB t-shirt and hoody- is it worth pre-ordering these and saving a few quid or are they easy to pick up once you are there??

I suppose one good thing about buying tickets early is that its easier to budget at the start of term as you will already have paid for them....

Any comments would be greart- from current students as well as freshers!!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    It's probably better to pre-book tickets and then just go pick them up from the Box Office in the Guild, otherwise they'll probably sell out. With letting people in, I think you do have to be a member of the uni, cos IIRC, they ask for your Guild card on entry. About Bham uni clothes, pre-order them if you want but yeah, you can get them easily. There's a shop in the Guild (The Vibe) that sells all that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    It's probably better to pre-book tickets and then just go pick them up from the Box Office in the Guild, otherwise they'll probably sell out. With letting people in, I think you do have to be a member of the uni, cos IIRC, they ask for your Guild card on entry. About Bham uni clothes, pre-order them if you want but yeah, you can get them easily. There's a shop in the Guild (The Vibe) that sells all that stuff.
    i am probably being really thick but what does IIRC mean??
    do you think its worth getting tickets for all the events.....what if my new friends at uni haven't got tickets??? i suppose its better to spend £26 and have the option of going than be left out!!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    i am probably being really thick but what does IIRC mean??
    do you think its worth getting tickets for all the events.....what if my new friends at uni haven't got tickets??? i suppose its better to spend £26 and have the option of going than be left out!!

Ruthie xx
    Sorry, IIRC = if I recall correctly. Umm, I dunno. Get the tickets if you want to go to the events! Even if you don't end up going and have a ticket, you'll probably be able to find someone to buy it from you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Sorry, IIRC = if I recall correctly. Umm, I dunno. Get the tickets if you want to go to the events! Even if you don't end up going and have a ticket, you'll probably be able to find someone to buy it from you.
    cool- good plan!!
    thanks

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    Yea, you can sell them pretty easily. One thing I wouldn't do though is to go buying tickets for all sorts of events during the week (if they are selling them for all the clubs etc). You don't yet know whether the people you meet at uni will be doing the same. But the Freshers Ball, at least, is a safe bet! As for the hoodys and other clothing, you may as well get them when you're there.

PS. You don't happen to know if the Freshers Ball is for freshers only?! It's just that a few mates and I fancy checking out next years' intake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    Yea, you can sell them pretty easily. One thing I wouldn't do though is to go buying tickets for all sorts of events during the week (if they are selling them for all the clubs etc). You don't yet know whether the people you meet at uni will be doing the same. But the Freshers Ball, at least, is a safe bet! As for the hoodys and other clothing, you may as well get them when you're there.

PS. You don't happen to know if the Freshers Ball is for freshers only?! It's just that a few mates and I fancy checking out next years' intake.
    omg...if i get in...im gnna be hiding at the ball from guys like u...tut tut...u shud be ashamed acting like that

ReputationRep:

I think it says freshers only on the website- sorry!!
    they are selling them for wednesday, thursday, friday (ball) and saturday events- the friday is freshers ball and the saturday is scott mills!! Its just a lot cheaper if you buy them all together- you have a point though, might be a waste if i don't go....hmm....

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    So I take it that everyone goes to the ball then - its not just one of these things where one or two people turn up?

ReputationRep:
    If there was a ball last year, I didn't know about it. There were two parties for everyone though and there were quite a lot of people at them (first one had more though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    omg...if i get in...im gnna be hiding at the ball from guys like u...tut tut...u shud be ashamed acting like that
    Hehe. It's guys like me that'll be rescuing you from the horny thirst of the freshers!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone bought their tickets yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. It's guys like me that'll be rescuing you from the horny thirst of the freshers!
    Right...... is that before or after you rape them?

Tim.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason my accommodation Halls (Pritchatt's Park) have decided to lump everything together for £20 which is meant to cover all Freshers events... Supposedly but seeing as they missed off the post code to send the form back it could be a bit dodgy. Lucky the Royal Mail have a website that works!

I'm in Ashcroft if anybody's interested

ReputationRep:
    Ah, Ashcroft. My friend used to live there.

Nice rooms, too

Tim.

ReputationRep:
    That's nice... and what happened to your friend he didn't mysteriously die prematurely in halls - it just sounded like a nostalgic look (I had a friend!...Once upon a time...)?

Surely the washing up situation isn't so bad people get food poisoning although that could be a possibility with my limited culinary skills...

So far nobody else is in The Spinney (where I would have preferred to have been), Pritchatt's House, Oakley or Ashcroft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n7studios)
    Ah, Ashcroft. My friend used to live there.

Nice rooms, too

Tim.
    *sniggers*

Your friend? Weren't you trying to pull her at one point?

ReputationRep:
    Depends which one you're talking about!!

Tim.

ReputationRep:
    at the fresher's ball - can we wear one of those eye masks?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Ashcroft too, and so have the Pritchatt's Park Freshers Week Order Form.

Does the £20 cover the Fresher's Ball??

Anybody?

Thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.