ravencycled
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
basically it came up this year in the psychology as edexcel ial paper for 2017 and nobody i know has it. would anyone be so kind to help? i can't find anything anywhere. (i'm talking about notes on the social power theory, not the 2017 paper)

thanks
ravencycled
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
ravencycled
Rep:
please? is anyone willing to help a girl out?
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No one will have a copy of it, it has not been released. Sorry.
ravencycled
Rep:
(Original post by Airmed)
No one will have a copy of it, it has not been released. Sorry.
but the specs been out since, what, 2014? and it came up this year in january, so that means that it has to have been taught, right?
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ravencycled)
but the specs been out since, what, 2014? and it came up this year in january, so that means that it has to have been taught, right?
Yes, it probably has been taught. But if you are asking for the paper, you won't get it, as the January 2017 paper will not have been released.
ravencycled
Rep:
(Original post by Airmed)
Yes, it probably has been taught. But if you are asking for the paper, you won't get it, as the January 2017 paper will not have been released.
no, no i'm not talking about the paper, i already have it along with the marking scheme. what i'm asking for is notes for the social power theory.
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bump
ravencycled
Rep:
bumppppppp
theinbetweeners
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Social Power Theory is proposed by French and Raven, and it suggests five different kinds of powers:

- coercive power: the ability to use punishment to threaten others
- expert power: the ability to be perceived or to have higher skills and greater knowledge
- legitimate power: the power obtained from having higher roles or positions
- referent power: the ability to use charisma to obtain loyalty and respect from followers
- reward power: the ability to use resources to reward others
theinbetweeners
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
social power theory is proposed by French and Raven in 1959 and it states five different kinds of powers:
- coercive power: the ability to threaten someone using punishment
- legitimate power: power obtained from certain positions you hold in the hierarchy of authority
- reward power: the ability to use resources to reward others
- expert power: the ability to be seen as having special skills or more knowledge
- referent power: the ability to use charisma to gain follower's loyalty, respect, friendship, admiration, affection, or a desire to gain approval
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.5%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27%
No (52)
26%
I'm not sure (27)
13.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed