The Student Room Group

TSR GIVEAWAY: free website building packages

TSR has teamed up with ecohosting to give you the chance to win a MacBook Air!

All you have to do is create a blog thread in our Web Legend forum and post regularly about your experience of starting up a site. We'll choose the best blogger as our big winner!

But what if you don't already have a site? No problem. Those friendly sorts at ecohosting have got free website builder packages to give away. These normally cost £64.99 - so this is a proper bargain.

Post in this thread, describing the kind of site you will set up if you get a free web package. Your name with then go in the hat for one of our great freebies. Be quick though - we've only got a limited number of these to give away!

Full terms and conditions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I'd love to have my name in the 'hat'!

Although I am web developer by trade, I'd love to learn some more!

I'm tempted to make a website that documents the art of learning a new language completely from scratch!

Thank you!
(edited 6 years ago)
I want to set up a book blog and have been meaning to for years but never have. I've looked into it, a lot, but always been slightly confused by the different hosting plans out there on the web.

Winning a free package would be amazing as I wouldn't have to confuse myself about which plan is better.

I want to study English at Uni and having a blog behind me would help my application and force me to think about each book after reading them instead of banishing them to my bookshelf never to be thought about again...

Thank you for setting up this competition and prompting me to think about starting a blog again.
I was gonna do this but couldn't afford a package :laugh:

I've learned a bit of coding, so would like to put it to use and expand on that. I've always wanted to create a directory or sorts for mental health conditions where students in particular can get information about who they can talk to, how they can get help, and practical tips like explaining things to a doctor etc - to largely be written by students who have been in the system and understand how users would be feeling
I'd love to be able to start up a blog as my dream career is to be a web designer.
My dream is to make my own social media, but for now, I'd probably just start a website to help people with their GCSEs after I've done mine :smile:
Reply 5
Hey there,
Do you mind popping my name in the hat?
I actually wanted to create a website for a school project, so this could be just what I need!

Content that is intellectually engaging and that is able to fill the empty void we find ourselves feeling after browsing hours mindlessly, leaving you numb, unaccomplished and perhaps regretful, would be amazing.
A website with a refreshing unique concept that could provide some form of satisfaction to people, and provide new ways of living to the fullest, would be an honour for me to create.

It's been a pleasure,
QU33
I would like to be in the hat,
would love to create a website about driving lessons in the UK including driving test routes, revision material and FAQs

- I feel this is perfect for other students who may also be taking driving lessons like I have just done.
I would use mine for a little of my A Level revision strats but mostly talking about video games.
Original post by shooks

All you have to do is create a blog thread in our Web Legend forum and post regularly about your experience of starting up a site. We'll choose the best blogger as our big winner!

But what if you don't already have a site? No problem. Those friendly sorts at ecohosting have got free website builder packages to give away. These normally cost £64.99 - so this is a proper bargain.

Post in this thread, describing the kind of site you will set up if you get a free web package. Your name with then go in the hat for one of our great freebies. Be quick though - we've only got a limited number of these to give away - and the draw takes place on Monday 10 April.

I would like to be in the draw.
My barber needs to get his business on the map, this could be potentially great for students in the area or people wanting to get the latest style/fashion advice for men grooming and hairstyles. This will benefit me significantly as I plan to run an online business in the near future, as well as getting a foothold in designing websites for clients when I'm at university.
Reply 9
I would create an unbiased website educating students about government and politics. When we turn 18, we can vote in elections, and there is pressure for votes at 16, but unless you take government and politics, you aren't taught about the political parties and the political system. I thin it would be great to set up a website with interviews from local MPs about issues that affect young people, and where young people can see the parties differing stances on important issues.
Reply 10
Original post by shooks

Post in this thread, describing the kind of site you will set up if you get a free web package. Your name with then go in the hat for one of our great freebies. Be quick though - we've only got a limited number of these to give away - and the draw takes place on Monday 10 April.

Revision Website :smile:

With videos, audio notes, written notes, for all subjects (hopefully)
I'm a digital media student who wants to focus on front-end web design. I have made several websites using HTML5 and CSS3 as well as WordPress as a CSS.

I currently have a paper CV as well as zipped folder of some of my work but want to create a portfolio website to showcase my projects.

A free year's web hosting would be awesome as it would encourage me to start now and I could build on it once I have more skills and experience once I start my HNC year.
Reply 12
Hi All :smile:

I`d create a blog on employability whilst at University. A lot of students dont realise the many opportunities unis offer to enhance their skills, and for me a key factor in choosing my uni was the types of experiences I can get involved to build my CV. There would be a directory of different unis and details on what their careers departments offer, projects to get involved in and so on. Sometimes unis have great things to get involved in, but many students dont know about them so only a few attend.
Reply 13
Hi there! I would like to be entered into this draw, I have an idea for a website i've been wanting to make for a while, and this is the push for me to do it!
Not everyone can afford swimming lessons for themselves, or for their children, however swimming I believe is an extremely important skill everyone should learn. I would like to dedicate a website to self teaching swimming, it would be filled with advice and ideas to teach children to swim, to float, to have a knowledge of water saftey and most importantly, be able to enjoy swimming!
Thanks, Alex
Hey, I would like to entered in the draw please. I'm going to be studying Game Art Design soon at Uni and I would therefore create a blog where I could post my art. I would outline my progress and give art advice, and advice on what software and hardware to use.
Original post by Kyx
Revision Website :smile:

With videos, audio notes, written notes, for all subjects (hopefully)

And compete with TSR?

:badger:
Reply 16
Original post by harryleavey
And compete with TSR?

:badger:

TSR isn't a revision website :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR owns Get Revising which is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is.
In addition to TSR featuring revision resources pages, 'GetRevising' is owned by the TSR group.
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest