What's your revision plan?

Watch this thread
WhiteyBread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The Easter holidays and study leave are getting very close :ninja: How planned are you for the next few months before your exams?

Are you the one who's had their revision timetable planned months in advance, or do you not even know which exams you're taking? :lol: Share with others here how you plan on managing your time and whether you're prepared!
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I have 10 exams :'(
6 maths exams
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
(Original post by three123)
I have 10 exams :'(
6 maths exams
Which Maths modules do you do? :zomg: Is it hard to balance revision for all of your other subjects when you have so many Maths exams?
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
Which Maths modules do you do? :zomg: Is it hard to balance revision for all of your other subjects when you have so many Maths exams?
im doing maths from scratch so 6 units (c1234,s12)
kind of, i just find maths not easy so i have to work a lot

for one of my subjects i have coursework so i've already got an A* and AS unit i got an A so just doing 2 which are not difficult
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
im doing maths from scratch so 6 units (c1234,s12)
kind of, i just find maths not easy so i have to work a lot

for one of my subjects i have coursework so i've already got an A* and AS unit i got an A so just doing 2 which are not difficult
Have you started revising? I found revising for Maths really difficult to think of anything to do apart from past papers, so I only did late revision for it :lol:
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Have you started revising? I found revising for Maths really difficult to think of anything to do apart from past papers, so I only did late revision for it :lol:
yeah i'm doing papers, need to get through a lot
i need AAA :'(

i have 8 weeks of papers plus time in june for c3 and c4 but rn im so bad at papers lol not high marks
what did you get?
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
yeah i'm doing papers, need to get through a lot
i need AAA :'(

i have 8 weeks of papers plus time in june for c3 and c4 but rn im so bad at papers lol not high marks
what did you get?
I only did Maths up to AS, but I got an A I spent the majority of my time revising for my other subjects because they were a lot more fact based (like learning dates for History)
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I only did Maths up to AS, but I got an A I spent the majority of my time revising for my other subjects because they were a lot more fact based (like learning dates for History)
wow thats so good
how?! i'm suffering and i make stupid mistakes
would you say you're naturally good at doing maths?
is 8 weeks enough for papers? doing 3/4 papers a day and then learning the mistakes from them
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I've told myself since September that I'm not gonna make the same mistakes as last year regarding leaving revision too late...yet here we are in late March and I've still not started :getmecoat:

I have 6 exams this year - 3 for Maths and 3 for Further Maths. I never revised for Maths at GCSE so if I'm honest I don't really know how to! I'm sitting C1, C2, M1, FP1, D1 and D2 and I have textbooks for all except M1 so hopefully if I just do all of the exercises from those I'll be okay? I've already started doing C1 and M1 papers and I'm getting close to full marks in both of those which is good. Really need to work on Further Maths though, tend to get Ds in those...:erm:

I'm starting proper revision in the Easter holidays. I'm gonna make a schedule today while I have time off school and then hopefully actually stick to it for once We don't get study leave this year (:bawling:) so I need to get myself into gear and soon!!
Elizabeth II
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I have 7 exams this year (8 if you include my oral exam, which is next Wednesday, because of course it is). :afraid: I've been revising for about an hour or two each day and plan to up the ante more now as the exam season approaches. I really need to get the grades to get where I want to go. I am so determined not to mess it all up like I did last year.
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
wow thats so good
is 8 weeks enough for papers? doing 3/4 papers a day and then learning the mistakes from them
I found GCSE Maths quite easy, so I think I'd say I'm naturally ok at Maths - I would have struggled at A2

Practising papers and finding where you're making most of your mistakes is good, then when you have the topics that you struggle with the most you could do more practice exercises on them
WhiteyBread101
Rep:
(Original post by NiamhM1801)
I've told myself since September that I'm not gonna make the same mistakes as last year regarding leaving revision too late...yet here we are in late March and I've still not started :getmecoat:

I have 6 exams this year - 3 for Maths and 3 for Further Maths. I never revised for Maths at GCSE so if I'm honest I don't really know how to! I'm sitting C1, C2, M1, FP1, D1 and D2 and I have textbooks for all except M1 so hopefully if I just do all of the exercises from those I'll be okay? I've already started doing C1 and M1 papers and I'm getting close to full marks in both of those which is good. Really need to work on Further Maths though, tend to get Ds in those...:erm:

I'm starting proper revision in the Easter holidays. I'm gonna make a schedule today while I have time off school and then hopefully actually stick to it for once We don't get study leave this year (:bawling:) so I need to get myself into gear and soon!!
You don't have study leave? :eek:

Do you have revision lessons at school during exams too?
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You don't have study leave? :eek:

Do you have revision lessons at school during exams too?
No study leave for Year 12 :grumble:

We have to go to all of our lessons if we don't have an exam at that time, but I suspect we'll just be revising at that point anyway :dontknow:
katycaresse
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
wow thats so good
you'll be fine with that workload.
username2982648
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm more than prepared but I keep having days where I lack motivation to do anything ughhh
username2982648
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NiamhM1801)

I think doing past papers for each module rather than doing all of the textbook exercises will be more helpful.
However, it will be good to do textbook exercises on topics that you keep losing marks on in past papers.
Literally do as many past papers as you can!

I feel sorry for you not having study leave... I remember not having it in Year 11 and I was so annoyed because instead of being able to revise at home in peace, I had to sit in lessons where everyone was messing about and being distracting!!
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LeCroissant)
I think doing past papers for each module rather than doing all of the textbook exercises will be more helpful.
However, it will be good to do textbook exercises on topics that you keep losing marks on in past papers.
Literally do as many past papers as you can!

I feel sorry for you not having study leave... I remember not having it in Year 11 and I was so annoyed because instead of being able to revise at home in peace, I had to sit in lessons where everyone was messing about and being distracting!!
I'm gonna try to do both if I'm honest! If I really start putting the work in I reckon it can be done, I'm just incredibly lazy :lol: And yeah that's a good idea, for extra practice I suppose. I will do! I already have a document to track all the papers that I do so I can be sure I've done them all

Oh no, I would've been so screwed without study leave last year - that's when I did the vast majority of my revision! :afraid: I'm not sure what I'll do this year, probably have to get myself into gear haha. That must have been awful for you in Year 11!
Aaron-Burr-Sir
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The Easter holidays and study leave are getting very close :ninja: How planned are you for the next few months before your exams?

Are you the one who's had their revision timetable planned months in advance, or do you not even know which exams you're taking? :lol: Share with others here how you plan on managing your time and whether you're prepared!
I'm in year eleven and I have 24 exams this year.
And no study leave
EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I have 9 exams this year (including a re-sit) and I've definitely started revision earlier.

But it doesn't seem like anything's sticking? Ho boy.
alldaydreaming
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Nothing is staying in my brain Will have to keep going over everything - I have 13 exams this year (I'm in year 13)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (50)
30.12%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (73)
43.98%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (41)
24.7%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.2%

Watched Threads