The Student Room Group

Is your favourite subject different to when you started GCSE?

For a lot of you, your time in GCSEs is almost over! :eek2: has your favourite (or least favourite) subject changed over the course? Did anything turn out to not be what you expected it to be when you did your options? :tongue:
it's been almost 2 years that I have done my GCSE's. I remembered that I absolutely hated English Lit, as I really didn't understand its concepts or how to structure the responses, but now looking back at it, being some what more mature (i hope). I wished I could've have enjoyed it more, due the freedoms that you're allowed in your responses, compared to the subjects I'm doing at A2 :tongue:
History was my favourite subject and still is. I do enjoy English Literature a lot more now, and I really like Chemistry too.
Drama used to be my favourite subject but I don't really have one anymore (sometimes it's Classics and sometimes it's not) I just want it all to be over
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
History was my favourite subject and still is. I do enjoy English Literature a lot more now, and I really like Chemistry too.

History was my favourite throughout GCSE too :five: it overtook English Lit, then they both evened out in A Level
Original post by phoebemallow
Drama used to be my favourite subject but I don't really have one anymore (sometimes it's Classics and sometimes it's not) I just want it all to be over

What do you want to do after your GCSEs?
Original post by Gingerbread101
What do you want to do after your GCSEs?

I want to study A-Levels in Classics, Film and Drama :smile: I do enjoy Classics and Drama when I do them but I'm just getting worn down with all the revision
I'm studying A2 right now but I can so relate :lol:

I picked Spanish, Geography and French (French was a last minute choice), but at the end, French was my favourite subject and then I ended up taking it at A-level instead of Spanish :h:
For a lot of you, your time in GCSEs is almost over! :eek2: has your favourite (or least favourite) subject changed over the course? Did anything turn out to not be what you expected it to be when you did your options? :tongue:

Well... I'm 6 months into my GCSEs and when I started, I loved English because we were studying Pride And Prejudice. Now however, I've seen the rubbish side of English (ahempoetryahem) and don't like it as much anymore.
Similarly, at the start, I hated ICT because the coursework was pretty rubbishy. Now that we're doing theory, it's my favorite subject.
Original post by IKEAPanda37
I'm studying A2 right now but I can so relate :lol:

I picked Spanish, Geography and French (French was a last minute choice), but at the end, French was my favourite subject and then I ended up taking it at A-level instead of Spanish :h:

Nice :tongue: is French still your favourite?
Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur
Well... I'm 6 months into my GCSEs and when I started, I loved English because we were studying Pride And Prejudice. Now however, I've seen the rubbish side of English (ahempoetryahem) and don't like it as much anymore.
Similarly, at the start, I hated ICT because the coursework was pretty rubbishy. Now that we're doing theory, it's my favorite subject.

GCSE English is very prescriptive, I loved it at A Level because we got to choose our own wider reading

Oh yes definitely :h: I'm going to be continuing it at uni alongside Beginners Spanish and Translation :thumbsup:
I used to love media studies, however, it took over my life and i enjoy it less now. Chemistry is my favourite subject now by far
Original post by saltyanisa
I used to love media studies, however, it took over my life and i enjoy it less now. Chemistry is my favourite subject now by far

The same happened to me with Art taking over my life :emo:
Reply 12
I'm weird and I like every subject - but if I had to say FAVOURITE, it has probably gone from English to Chemistry and Biology, ALTHOUGH I STILL LOVE ENGLISH, I just prefer Science now. And in terms of fun subjects, Drama always has been the most fun
ive always found French quite interesting, did it for GCSE and it was still as enjoyable. I don't do A Level French but I do try to teach myself more when I have free time
Reply 14

Omg! At the start of the year I really enjoyed Spanish, but god have I learnt to have it now! The new gsce has really been the source of my madness:frown:

Wow it's nearly been a year since I did my GCSE's honestly only feels like a couple of months ago!:redface:
Art because I thought none of the work mattered boy was I wrong..
Now my favourite I have to say is the academical subjects as Art has shown me how much I despise coursework subjects.
(edited 7 years ago)

GCSE English is very prescriptive, I loved it at A Level because we got to choose our own wider reading

Lucky (with the English). :O

Quick Reply

Latest