Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Geography Coursework-Shops or Beach profile!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone sorry to bother you i just wanted to ask you which coursework would be better the comparing different shops in different locations etc or compaing two beach profiles by measuring 6 gradients, infiltration rate, sample! I must say the beach profile is a lot of hard work and i fear i wont get top marks as for the shops coursework it seems ok and good to get top marks!?
    Please help me people that have done these coursework or anyone that knows about this!?

Thanks for your time

Frm John

(Original post by Neohhh)
    Hello everyone sorry to bother you i just wanted to ask you which coursework would be better the comparing different shops in different locations etc or compaing two beach profiles by measuring 6 gradients, infiltration rate, sample! I must say the beach profile is a lot of hard work and i fear i wont get top marks as for the shops coursework it seems ok and good to get top marks!?
    Please help me people that have done these coursework or anyone that knows about this?!
    Is this at GCSE level, because they're fairly generous with their marks, if you work quite hard and hand in some detailed coursework about the shops then you could probably obtain good marks, and it wouldn't be quite as difficult as the beach one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree with you i think the human coursework is easier, and yes it is GCSE!

Does anyone else have their own opinions?

Thanks for your time
    From John

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree with you i think the human coursework is easier, and yes it is GCSE!

Does anyone else have their own opinions?

Thanks for your time
    From John
    I think human coursework for geography is easier personally, i did it at AS and got full marks shockingly, and its better than measuring the distance up a beath etc.
    But if you feel you have more ideas for physical geography coursework, its really up to you.

ReputationRep:
    i had that choise pretty much for my as level course work and despite the fact i much prefer human geography i chose to do the beach one cos i thought it would be easier, while taking the beach profiles takes longer and is pretty boring you are left with loads of data to do stuff with, i drew profiles of the dunes which look quite impressive and there is loads of stuff you can do with them (annotate them, put infiltration graphs alon gthem so it looks v snazzy, do them on acetate so you can see how the prifile changes etc) also i think physical coursework is easier because you can simply find out why stuff happens (ie how the dunes are formed, why infilration changes) and blab about it, with human coursework you have to infer much more and there are no straight answers.
    either way its only gcse and as long as its obvious you have put effort in you'll get decent marks.

(Original post by woox)
    i had that choise pretty much for my as level course work and despite the fact i much prefer human geography i chose to do the beach one cos i thought it would be easier, while taking the beach profiles takes longer and is pretty boring you are left with loads of data to do stuff with, i drew profiles of the dunes which look quite impressive and there is loads of stuff you can do with them (annotate them, put infiltration graphs alon gthem so it looks v snazzy, do them on acetate so you can see how the prifile changes etc) also i think physical coursework is easier because you can simply find out why stuff happens (ie how the dunes are formed, why infilration changes) and blab about it, with human coursework you have to infer much more and there are no straight answers.
    either way its only gcse and as long as its obvious you have put effort in you'll get decent marks.
    That's a good point, but at GCSE just saying, "I'm going to look at why they sell furniture in the CBD of London and not in this little farm in Devon" will get you an A*. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, i dont really know if the physical one would be easier i mean after measuring lots of stuff 2 hours each beach you then need to organise yourself with the data collection and talk about it a lot too! As for the shops i find it easier just comparing why people go there due to they live near cheaper stuff etc!?

What do you people think
    Anyone care fo rmore Opinions!?
    Thanks for your time

From John

Thanks guys, i dont really know if the physical one would be easier i mean after measuring lots of stuff 2 hours each beach you then need to organise yourself with the data collection and talk about it a lot too! As for the shops i find it easier just comparing why people go there due to they live near cheaper stuff etc!?

What do you people think
    Thanks for your time

From John
    It seems your mind is made up really, go for human.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

What do you people think
    Thanks for your time

From John
    But you've posted this exact same question at least twice before to MY knowledge.... and got the same answers. Get a grip, lad and make a decision!

ReputationRep:
    I know LOLOL this time i wanted advise from people that have done shops and beached thats all

Thanks for your time

From John
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know LOLOL this time i wanted advise from people that have done shops and beached thats all

Thanks for your time

From John
    So what HAVE you finally decided to do? You won't have much time left if you are going to collect data before you go back to school - and it'll be a lot more tricky to find the time when you have lots of other work to do as well!

ReputationRep:
    We were made to do a project on how the numbers and types of shops affected shopping patterns. We had to compare a large town to a small town. It's easy to get high marks on, i got full marks, and the data collection would only take a day or two.

ReputationRep:

Thanks for your time

From John
    Mine was on a transect of a local town that got redeveloped. For my GCSE. So the main part was of shops and i just chattered about lamposts and rubbish bins and safety and other such randomness. And got full marks. It wasnt that hard and enough work as it is without choosing something reaaaally complicated.

ReputationRep:
    Please help me people that have done these coursework or anyone that knows about this!?

Thanks for your time

Frm John
    we didn't get a choice!......n'ways i think the shop one cos it's easier........ just use lots of complicated and fancy diagrams and basically just blabber on about something and you'll get good marks!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guy for your advise! I'll let you know further on about the shops coursework progress!

From John

ReputationRep:

Thanks for your time

Frm John
    I did something similiar to this for my GCSE - I did one on comparing shops. Out of the 2, I would have thought it will be easier to pick up the marks in the shops one.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks i think so too!

From John

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    I did something similiar to this for my GCSE - I did one on comparing shops. Out of the 2, I would have thought it will be easier to pick up the marks in the shops one.
    Yeah, I agree - it's pretty easy actually.

Thanks guy for your advise! I'll let you know further on about the shops coursework progress!

From John
    So.....been to any shops recently?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm yes and huh?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.