(Original post by Lychee627)
Like as in too close physically :rofl:
:rofl::rofl: okaaaayss :rolleyes:
Sternumator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think they can because there are people of differing sex who say they are friends and who am I to say they are not.

Personally, I wouldn't want any. My interests are different to women. Conversation topics are different when talking to women and I only find that engaging if there is attraction there. I also don't think it is appropriate if you are in a relationship. Anything I want in a friendship I can get with males. Why would I want to be friends with women as well?
gabriellakhan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd say no. Every guy I've tried to be friends with has tried to have sex with me/ date me. Trust me I've been friends with MANY guys...
Redflag1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would say no. There's always attraction on one side. Mostly the mans side tbh.
PrincessBO$$
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No.
kenni12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I started a thread on this before and I'd sum its OP up by answering your question like this, based on my experience if you're personally likely to develop an attraction towards anybody(of the opposite sex) that's friendly and you just hanging around them with the hope that you'd be initimate with one of them one day, then having opposite sex friends might not be advisable.

If the person is someone you can never imagine shagging, but you find their company helpful then it's fine. If it's someone you can imagine dating someone else and you'd be alright with that(i.e.you'd never get jealous about it), then that's fine. If it's someone you can hang around without having a boner/wet panties, then that's fine.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by whatfuture)
Yes/no and why/why not
I personally think they can
I have watched videos though like social experiment ones, majority of the guys think no (in the vids).
if she is ugly then yes. She has no chance of getting into bed with me
Eternalflames
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes! Yes they can. 50% of my friends are boys and there are no feelings/attraction at all.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, I do believe guys and girls can just be friends. Throughout my life, the vast majority of close friends I've had have been male and out of them all, I only ever fell for one and they were the only one who fell for me too and it developed into a long term relationship but nothing ever happened with any other guy friend other than friendship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
badboi101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
nah u catch feeling eventually its inevitable
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No
Drostina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Of course lol, wtf is this question
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If men and women can't be friends, does this mean bisexual people can't have any friends at all?
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes but only if there's no attraction.
DanB1991
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah us guys can't ever keep it in our pants.
GUMI
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used to have a crush on this girl, we became good friends but it was clear she didn't like me the same way back. We're still very good friends and I have no attraction towards her anymore.
freedom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DanB1991)
Nah us guys can't ever keep it in our pants.
Some of us guys have standards so if they below a certain level of attractiveness we keep it in our pants
ha.anon90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah. But you need to keep a distance cause eventually if you have a male best friend and you've been together you eventually be sexually attracted and just want to explore that person even more. That's why I get stubborn with my male friends and I refuse to listen to them at times but we're still friends and cool They just know how to deal with the ugly side of me 😭I haven't been going school for a week now due to family problems and they've continuously been asking me and asked to meet up but it's just that I don't want to tell my male friends what I'm going through they might be attracted to the pain and feel sympathetic towards me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads