The Student Room Group

What university should I firm for my Philosophy and literature degree?

Ok, so I applied to university to study Philosophy and Literature, I've had rejections from Oxford and St Andrews and have offers from Warwick, Edinburgh and Leeds and I can't decide where to firm. Leeds would be really fun and all my friends are going, its a city which is a positive plus its close (I'm from Liverpool) and I could get home if I needed to. Warwick looks dull and I'm not really excited about going but its the highest in the national tables and what they can offer undergrads looks unparalleled, but at the same time I might enjoy Edinburgh and its high in the world tables- but its 4 years and I could have a masters in this time. WHAT DO I DO?
Reply 1
Which course is your favourite? I'm also struggling on deciding what uni to firm but for me it would be about which course is your favourite and covers everything or pretty much everything you want to study.

But if I was you, I would choose Leeds as it's a great city, the uni is beautiful and graduate prospects are good too plus you it's only a train ride home so you aren't too far. I mean you need to enjoy uni as we're [aying £9250 so you don't wanna necessarily be stuck in a boring town for 3 years.

But that's just me, I hope it helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by loser15
Which course is your favourite? I'm also struggling on deciding what uni to firm but for me it would be about which course is your favourite and covers everything or pretty much everything you want to study.

But if I was you, I would choose Leeds as it's a great city, the uni is beautiful and graduate prospects are good too plus you it's only a train ride home so you aren't too far. I mean you need to enjoy uni as we're [aying £9250 so you don't wanna necessarily be stuck in a boring town for 3 years.

But that's just me, I hope it helped :smile:

any new perspective helps, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest