princess770
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i have mock this friday and i get panic attacks and i don't have a note at the moment and but i will get one after friday and i told my sixth form teacher and she that you are not allowed to have a separate room because you never had it and she said i can't seeing you having panic attacks and i don't know what to do any advice pls
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That doesn't sound right at all. I have been dealing with panic attacks for 5 years now and have just this year been granted access arrangements for my exams (rest breaks). Speak to your form tutor (or whatever your equivalent is) about it because there will be someone at your college whose job it is to assess needs for exams under the Equality Act 2010 (where all students must be equal and so special modifications are made in order to make this happen). There isn't any need for medical evidence (or there wasn't in my case because my college have been working with me through CBT so they are fully aware of the extent of my condition).

Unfortunately, this Friday may just be a time to sit it out as it doesn't sound like they're willing to do anythign for you this week. However, definitely speak to someone about getting assessed for access arrangements as it really does help. Best of luck x
princess770
Rep:
?
If I show a note on Monday will that be fine and I am scared because I will get panic attacks due to exam stress
rainbow.panda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suffer from these too. I'd never have been able to do my uni exams if it weren't for my beta-blockers. Have you spoken to a doctor about treatment options?
princess770
Rep:
?
Yeah I had counselling
princess770
Rep:
?
Panic attacks is medical condition and no one wants them to happen but some people think people who suffer panic attacks just joke but in reality they don't know nothing because they never experienced it
princess770
Rep:
?
I did my mock today but I did get panic attack by I tried to calm down but it's better if I do it in a separate room because I don't like sitting with other people
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by princess770)
I did my mock today but I did get panic attack by I tried to calm down but it's better if I do it in a separate room because I don't like sitting with other people
Once you've got the note it'll be better because they should have little choice but to put arrangements in place for you. Unfortunately, without evidence, it can be difficult to get them to do it
princess770
Rep:
?
So it would be better if I get a note
princess770
Rep:
?
Yeah I did my mocks thank god but I didnt do in my one mock due to panic attacks but I have gave them a note and the teacher said that's fine
princess770
Rep:
?
Hi before the half term I gave the gp note and today when I recieved my timetable and it's says i am doing my exams in stadium in my school where everyone does the exams and I should be A086 this is a separate room and today I talked to the teacher and she said do u need a seperate room for panic attacks I said yes and she said she will email them and tell them and I am really stressed out will they give me a seprate room because I gave gave a evidence and I am not lying which my head of sixth form thinks which makes really upset and sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
princess770
Rep:
?
Thank you for the advice I will try best to talk to the teacher about because I don't want to ruin my exams due to panic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile
princess770
Rep:
?
I got a seperate room thank you so much for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
__gurlll1011__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by princess770)
Omg same !! I got so scared but I didn't put my hand up and ask to leave because I was scared I'd be disqualified.... anxiety actually gets me good 😭😭
princess770
Rep:
?
No u won't be disqualified just tell them you have panic attacks and give them a gp note as a evidence and don't be scared it's not your fault

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (217)
74.83%
No (73)
25.17%

Watched Threads