The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Access to Leeds

Hi, I got a place for Medicine and also got accepted onto the A2L scheme. I was just wondering for those who are on A2L/competed A2L, do you get an offer on UCAS or can I put Leeds as my Firm? I have emailed the A2L people but they haven't responded, and I really want to apply for accommodation which I can't do without firming Leeds!

any help is appreciated
My access to leeds offer came through UCAS. I had the original offer and then once i got accepted it changed to the lower grade offer from access
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I only received my Access offer yesterday so I'm in the same boat as you!
Original post by alexbailey97
My access to leeds offer came through UCAS. I had the original offer and then once i got accepted it changed to the lower grade offer from access

Thank you, i emailed the A2L people and they changed it for me! :smile:
Original post by lolamae
I only received my Access offer yesterday so I'm in the same boat as you!

No way!! That's so late haha, the VLE registration opened today! If your offer doesn't come through on UCAS and you've had an offer from Leeds for more than two weeks then I think you need to email them with your name and your UCAS ID and they change it for you. :smile:
Original post by Clintbarton
No way!! That's so late haha, the VLE registration opened today! If your offer doesn't come through on UCAS and you've had an offer from Leeds for more than two weeks then I think you need to email them with your name and your UCAS ID and they change it for you. :smile:

Did you register yet? When I went unto the Portal then to the VLE the module title never appeared. I assumed that this is just because it doesn't actually open until the 30th??? :confused:
I'm in year 12 at the moment and want to apply to dentistry at Leeds but I also feel like I am eligible to the A2L course, when do you have to take the modules-study skills and subject skills and also do you have to have Leeds as your first choice?
Also, does this mean I still have to get the standard AAA grades to apply, or does the A2L application put you as an advantage when applying through UCAS? If it doesn't put you at an advantage, do you have to get a standard offer from Leeds first for them to consider my A2L application? Thanks
Original post by iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Also, does this mean I still have to get the standard AAA grades to apply, or does the A2L application put you as an advantage when applying through UCAS? If it doesn't put you at an advantage, do you have to get a standard offer from Leeds first for them to consider my A2L application? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply! But if you're a dentistry app, I think you're an early applicant too so the A2L deadline was around November time (about a month after the early app deadlines). So what happens is, you apply if you fulfil the criteria and you get told whether you've been accepted onto the A2L course wayyy before you get interviews, so if you're lucky enough to get a place then you'll already know that you're on A2L. You get the standard offer on UCAS if you get a place, but then you get an A2L offer which is two grades lower than the standard, so ABB. you get given a VLE password and you sign up, then you have just over a month to complete a question section (it's so easy - you literally read a 3 sections and answer five questions on each. There's no time limit and you can save and continue later, and you get 3 goes if you get a question wrong so don't be worried!) Then you have a gap until the 31st of May where you get given an essay to do - but I'm leaving it until after my exams because the deadline is mid-July. You have to put Leeds as your firm offer to complete the A2L modules and guarantee your offer.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest