The Student Room Group

What should you do if you have no talents?

Hello, I'm very interested in this topic.. I litterally find my self with no talent what so ever?! I mean I'm not good at anything at all? Everyone I know maybe has a idea of there dream job or dream thing to do is when there older! Eg/ Sing, play football, Paint, Write? But me on the other hand have nothing and i'm worried I'll never find it?
You do what the other 99% of the world do, learn to be good at something.
Reply 2
[QUOTE="24601;70613472" Prisoner="Prisoner"]You do what the other 99% of the world do, learn to be good at something.[/QUOTE

That's alot easier said than done! Ive been learning all sorts of different things for years and still can hare get into a routine of where I can be half decent at anything
Original post by Paloova788
That's alot easier said than done! Ive been learning all sorts of different things for years and still can hare get into a routine of where I can be half decent at anything

Some people just are not talented in something. Are you referring to a hobby or something you could make into a career? If it's the latter then your education might be your talent.

My only real talent outside of education is sleeping.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
I like it!
Reply 6
Original post by AishaGirl
Some people just are not talented in something. Are you referring to a hobby or something you could make into a career? If it's the latter then your education might be your talent.

My only real talent outside of education is sleeping.

Haha! Well everyone would one day like to turn there hobby into a job! The only thing I do is play football.. but then again I say "Play" All I really do is fall over and kick it far away from where I'm aiming loool! Sleep could be a good one though! Any jobs?
Reply 7
That's very true!
Haha! Well everyone would one day like to turn there hobby into a job! The only thing I do is play football.. but then again I say "Play" All I really do is fall over and kick it far away from where I'm aiming loool! Sleep could be a good one though! Any jobs?

Nah I've never had a job, I'm still in school.

Actually I can cook quite good, thanks to mummy teaching me :biggrin: I'm sure if you search hard enough and look hard enough you'll find a hobby and then after some time you could become talented in that hobby.

Most important thing is to do whatever you enjoy, even if that means coming home from work and watching TV all day, if that is what genuinely makes you happy, then so be it.
Same here, buddy. Except I am "grown up" and still have no idea about what I want to study, let alone what career I want.
You will find your calling eventually.

1lrs6fd.jpg
Hello, I'm very interested in this topic.. I litterally find my self with no talent what so ever?! I mean I'm not good at anything at all? Everyone I know maybe has a idea of there dream job or dream thing to do is when there older! Eg/ Sing, play football, Paint, Write? But me on the other hand have nothing and i'm worried I'll never find it?

You are probably selling yourself short. Some skills can be acquired. You need to spend time thinking about basic skills, go for those you like and try and find s job that uses them. You get better by using them as well as study. It requires effort. If you then get moderately good at some things, see what it looks like then. You dont say your age.
I wouldn't know.

In all honesty I'm only "fairly" good at music, ( http://www,soundcloud.com/indaya-uk ), all you need is that one thing that you like (and I wasn't naturally "good" it took years of trial and error and bad criticism and dedication but if you have the potential and dedication you'll go far, Take a hobby up, with no expectations, and see where it leads. Good luck.
Reply 13
Original post by Willy Pete

1lrs6fd.jpg

I like this thanks!
Reply 14
Original post by Willy Pete

1lrs6fd.jpg

I like this!
having no talent could be a talent :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by bizzy_penguin
having no talent could be a talent :smile:

Well I'm defiently good at it if it's counted loool!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending