The Student Room Group

My parents think I'm mentally ill when I'm not. lol.

My mum got me a couple of self help books today called 'teens don't let your emotions run your life' and 'the anxiety survival guide' and she even told me she was thinking about getting me a book called 'are you depressed?'.

They think I am anxious and depressed because I sit at home and don't really speak to them and I listen to my rock music in my room and don't give a s***. They say my attitude it really bad and now they are trying to get me work experience with some local newspaper company to try and 'sort my life out'. My mum keeps saying 'you ok?' and I'm saying 'yeah! I'm not depressed' but she still isn't convinced. I'm just bored and lazy at home but at school I'm really happy and fun because I'm with my friends and everything.

It's getting a bit ridiculous now if I'm honest with you. They are beginning to make me feel like I actually am anxious and depressed when I'm not.
(edited 7 years ago)
What's with that cheeky "lol" at the end?
Honestly yeah, do you have a bad attitude?
Reply 2
Original post by emerald7770
What's with that cheeky "lol" at the end?
Honestly yeah, do you have a bad attitude?

Maybe...:wink:

hehe
Maybe go outside more often or meet up w a friend. That might help them lay off a bit
maybe do a bit more work and be less lazy? that might help convince them
understandl=by they're worried for you...just remember they're tryna help you out (even if they don't need to) :smile:
:congrats:want a medal

Original post by ThePrat
My mum got me a couple of self help books today called 'teens don't let your emotions run your life' and 'the anxiety survival guide' and she even told me she was thinking about getting me a book called 'are you depressed?'.

They think I am anxious and depressed because I sit at home and don't really speak to them and I listen to my rock music in my room and don't give a s***. They say my attitude it really bad and now they are trying to get me work experience with some local newspaper company to try and 'sort my life out'. My mum keeps saying 'you ok?' and I'm saying 'yeah! I'm not depressed' but she still isn't convinced. I'm just bored and lazy at home but at school I'm really happy and fun because I'm with my friends and everything.

It's getting a bit ridiculous now if I'm honest with you. They are beginning to make me feel like I actually am anxious and depressed when I'm not.

Latest

Trending

Trending