Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On results day:

If I get the points required to go to my insurance offer (Kingston) which requires 240 points, but I want to go to my firm offer (Brunel) for which there may be a small chance as Brunel said call them if you don't get the required points anyway, what I have to call general admissions or would I have to call Business School admissions (the specific department as I'm doing a business course so that department will concern me).

In the UCAS letter about being able to check if you've been accepted via sending a "txt" from your phone or using the website, they mention the UCAS pin. I assume they actually mean the 9 character UCAS number, right?

I hope my AVCE Business studies UMS points (220 - AB) doesn't change (I do AQA). Anyone else here do this course?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GSS)
    On results day:

If I get the points required to go to my insurance offer (Kingston) which requires 240 points, but I want to go to my firm offer (Brunel) for which there may be a small chance as Brunel said call them if you don't get the required points anyway, what I have to call general admissions or would I have to call Business School admissions (the specific department as I'm doing a business course so that department will concern me).

In the UCAS letter about being able to check if you've been accepted via sending a "txt" from your phone or using the website, they mention the UCAS pin. I assume they actually mean the 9 character UCAS number, right?

I hope my AVCE Business studies UMS points (220 - AB) doesn't change (I do AQA). Anyone else here do this course?

Thanks
    Wooohoooo Kingston and Brunel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    For the number to call at Brunel first of all try 01895 272273 (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/clearing/2004/contact.html) - this will be their clearing hotline and so will be the line you'll be most likely to get through on, they will then be able to transfer you through if need be to the Business school (or they MAY be able to tell you if you're in or not straight away - check on the UCAS tracker before ringing too - if Brunel have accepted you it should show on there from 11AM onwards on thursday, if they haven't made up their minds yet then you need to ring).
    Well the plan is (lol) for me to send a "txt" to that number that tells you whether or not you've got in (which will tell you you've got the points, but now how many in specific, or what grades in which subjects). Once I've done this, at 11am sharp if I'm not in school, it will set my mind at rest. It will just be an issue of what in particular I've got (grades).

I assume that if I don't get the required points but plead with Brunel to be accepted, I will have to call up Kingston and UCAS too? Also, the confirmation letter may be incorrect as it may say Kingston is my accepted offer in which I will need to clear up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    For the number to call at Brunel first of all try 01895 272273 (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/clearing/2004/contact.html) - this will be their clearing hotline and so will be the line you'll be most likely to get through on, they will then be able to transfer you through if need be to the Business school (or they MAY be able to tell you if you're in or not straight away - check on the UCAS tracker before ringing too - if Brunel have accepted you it should show on there from 11AM onwards on thursday, if they haven't made up their minds yet then you need to ring).
    What about phoning before 11AM? That won't annoy them will it (assuming you missed your offer)?

ReputationRep:
    Nope...if Brunel accept you then you don't need to do ANYTHING apart from confirm that you're going to turn up when UCAS send you your AS12 letter. If Brunel have already rejected you and you persuade them to change their mind then it's a bit of hassle but it will be Brunel's hassle to sort things out not yours.

I only meant if Brunel has rejected me ie it says on the tracker - REJECTED, then I will have to call them up to get accepted (the 2nd scenario - 2nd sentence), I did originally think I have to let Kingston and UCAS know but if you say no then I'll take your word for it not if the 1st scenario occurs which I hope it does then it's all simple, really and nothing which I have to do.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.