Shannonloo3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, so I've only just joined the student room as I figured it would be useful as the AQA geography unit 4B is released tomorrow!

I was just wondering what topics people are hoping to come up? And also thought this would be a good place to share ideas from tomorrow onwards until the exam.

If anyone hears what the topic is before 2pm tomorrow please let me know on here as I don't find out until I have a geography lesson tomorrow! Thank you 😊
kirsty123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's on migration from Africa to the EU!
Shannonloo3
Rep:
?
Thank you so much!!

When did you find out? And how do you feel about the topic?
kirsty123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shannonloo3)
Thank you so much!!

When did you find out? And how do you feel about the topic?
I find out today from a friend who had a geography lesson but I won't 'officially' hear about it until my lesson next week.
Personally I was hoping for a physical topic to come up but it's not the worst it could be. I just hope it's more focused on the migrants/migration rather than the EU itself. What about you?
Shannonloo3
Rep:
?
Yeah I was hoping for a slightly more physical topic something like energy or tourism but I'm actually going through the AIB now with my teacher and class and its not as bad as I originally thought! So try and keep an open mind.

There are varies tables about population age structure, there is a population pyramid of the 28 countries in the EU combined, there's a graph on natural change and net migration in the 28 countries between 1960 and 2014. There is a Spearman's rank, some things on Germany and Merkel, migration and climate change and temporary migration in the West African Sahel. It also asks to carry out one case study from the Sahel region of Sub Saharan Africa looking at the physical and human reasons for people leaving that country and the costs and benefits on the host country. So there are some physical elements to the question!

I hope this gives you a heads up
Jabel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone have a copy/link of the material that they could post on here?
Jabel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can post some pictures up on here of the booklet as soon as I'm home but it will be about 6:30pm.
Thank you
Jasondazza
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can someone please post a copy of the booklet?
hannahjlaverick
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What country are yous going to do for the research?
Shannonloo3
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannahjlaverick)
What country are yous going to do for the research?

I've started doing Niger so I think I'll stick with that, how about you?
Shannonloo3
Rep:
?
Does anyone know how to interpret Figure P5 in the AIB? What happened in 1970 to cause the net migration to drop so much?
Shiv7Patel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you have any notes so far?
jamiechristie
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know how to interpret Figure P5 in the AIB? What happened in 1970 to cause the net migration to drop so much?
Oil price, read "post-oil shock policy change"

What did you people do for Figure P2? Did you do a dispersion graph or tertiary graph?
amypearson01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was wondering this too did you find out what caused it?
Harljade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Would anyone mind please sending me the booklet or just taking pictures and sending them to me? I am desperate so would be must appreciated.
finn61
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harljade)
Would anyone mind please sending me the booklet or just taking pictures and sending them to me? I am desperate so would be must appreciated.
Messaged you
finn61
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.facebook.com/groups/397288177319309/
Facebook group for any and all who want to join
MrNobody123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by finn61)
Messaged you
Could you send me them as well please? I got the booklet the other week but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my room.
Edit - Never mind found this https://geographydc.blogspot.co.uk/2...materials.html
kendell98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Loads of useful links for research can be found here - zzed.uk/7194
MrNobody123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kendell98)
Loads of useful links for research can be found here - zzed.uk/7194
Thanks that's really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads