Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What are your plans for results night? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    at least i can complain about how alevels are getting easier and easier. in my day only 95.7% of candidates passed. you young ones have it so easy.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of any "A-level" parties going on in London, any of the big clubs doing anything?... Might just end up in Rainforest if nothing is happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    at least i can complain about how alevels are getting easier and easier. in my day only 95.7% of candidates passed. you young ones have it so easy.
    95.4% actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Anyone know of any "A-level" parties going on in London, any of the big clubs doing anything?... Might just end up in Rainforest if nothing is happening
    Destiny's doing something with Kiss100, just out of london, but still on the underground

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    95.4% actually
    Are those figures from decades ago? Back when Elpaw was a young A-level student? J/K Just messing Elpaw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Are you serious? The pass rate here for Higher/AH is 70-75%, and only the very best candidates even sit AH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Are you serious? The pass rate here for Higher/AH is 70-75%, and only the very best candidates even sit AH.
    that's cos there are fewer people sitting them so the percentage differences are greater. if you work out a ratio it might end up being more equal

could possibly also be the reason that "more" people are passing alevels. more people are sitting them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    that's cos there are fewer people sitting them so the percentage differences are greater. if you work out a ratio it might end up being more equal

could possibly also be the reason that "more" people are passing alevels. more people are sitting them
    How does that work? Surely there shouldn't be a 20-25% difference in pass rates, that's a huge difference!

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    I will be beering it up either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tev)
    Should take a while... Doesn't Pontefract have more pubs per square mile than any other village? Or something...
    Possibly, there are certainly a lot around the market square and the town is all in a small area, yeah i can think of 12 pubs on or very close to the market square + a nightclub! And hopefully i'll be visiting most, intend to start staright after we leave college then sumtime in the afternoon go home eat get changed and then carry on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Who cares?
    Me. If you don't, why bother replying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    I will be beering it up either way
    lol, that sounds dodgy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    lol, that sounds dodgy
    LOL you have a sick mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    LOL you have a sick mind
    sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Probably drinking the town of pontefract dry!
    Aah, good ol' Ponte Carlo - it's up there with Cas Vegas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    Destiny's doing something with Kiss100, just out of london, but still on the underground
    Destiny in Watford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    yey rainforest
    i think the works kingston are doing a results party thing but its pretty crap there. i have nothing planned tho and i will need to drink in any case... either drowning my sorrows or celebrating! hopefully the latter!

ReputationRep:
    one word.....alcohol.....

ReputationRep:
    Must be destiny in Watford... heard it is better than Area51...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.