The Student Room Group

Anyone doing PiXL maths PPEs march?

Hey guys! Anyone else doing the PiXL maths 9-1 GCSE PPEs. Just done mine and got 139/240 overall, I was kinda disappointed with this though. I got 170/240 overall in the PiXL maths PPEs at the end of year 10 (grade 9) so, if anyone else knows what they got please let me know below! ;-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile: I got my results back for the PiXL papers last week, 201/240 in total. I lost more marks in paper 3 than in paper 1 or 2, what about you? Lots of people in my class lost marks due to the new style of answers wanted by the mark scheme, e.g. interpreting a gradient instead of just stating it. Did you have the same problem?
I got 132/240 Anyone got grade boundaries yet ?
Original post by Rleggett12
Hey guys! Anyone else doing the PiXL maths 9-1 GCSE PPEs. Just done mine and got 139/240 overall, I was kinda disappointed with this though. I got 170/240 overall in the PiXL maths PPEs at the end of year 10 (grade 9) so, if anyone else knows what they got please let me know below! ;-)

Hi, what grade would 139/240 be?

I got 171/240. I was genuinely surprised considering in Year Ten I literally got an U. But our teachers aren't telling us our grade, just only the score- no idea why. Considering I have the head of maths, she will take forever to say it. 😂

For me, I always tend to do worse on Non-Calculator even though that is the easier paper as people say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Missdimples
Hi, what grade would 139/240 be?

I got 171/240. I was genuinely surprised considering in Year Ten I literally got an U. But our teachers aren't telling us our grade, just only the score- no idea why. Considering I have the head of maths, she will take forever to say it. 😂

For me, I always tend to do worse on Non-Calculator even though that is the easier paper as people say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure on. Grades I only know mine from last time! Well done on getting 171!
Reply 5
Original post by ParisOMg
I got 132/240 Anyone got grade boundaries yet ?

We'll done with 132! We get grade boundaries on 18th April according to my schools head of maths!
Reply 6
Original post by Rii.M
Hey :smile: I got my results back for the PiXL papers last week, 201/240 in total. I lost more marks in paper 3 than in paper 1 or 2, what about you? Lots of people in my class lost marks due to the new style of answers wanted by the mark scheme, e.g. interpreting a gradient instead of just stating it. Did you have the same problem?

WOW! That's amazing 201/240!!! I done best in paper 3 and worst in paper 1! I am just worried I might have lost my 9 this time because I've lost 31 marks compared to last time! I got some of the first questions wrong in each paper with silly mistakes (e.g. I got no marks on the Venn diagram Q)
WOW! That's amazing 201/240!!! I done best in paper 3 and worst in paper 1! I am just worried I might have lost my 9 this time because I've lost 31 marks compared to last time! I got some of the first questions wrong in each paper with silly mistakes (e.g. I got no marks on the Venn diagram Q)

I also lost marks with the venn diagram I swapped the answers around , I mostly lost my marks in the C grades questions of the papers , however nearly got full marks in all harder questions
Reply 8

Silly mistakes kill me. Especially when you look through the paper several times, actually check, and then lose marks on the simplest things (In paper 3 i lost 2 marks on the box plat question because I interpreted the boys data as the girls and therefore got the comparisons wrong :colondollar:.)
I'm not sure on. Grades I only know mine from last time! Well done on getting 171!

Thank you! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
We get results (grades) on 18th April!
Reply 11
We get results (grades) on 18th April!

Good luck :smile:
I do pixl maths too, but the new result was just 1 mark more than my last mock in December. So i guess some improvement ; )) this time i got 181/240 but I'm aiming for over 200. I think I can definitely do it since the marks I lost were on topics I just didn't revise for lolll (like the venn diagram one and proving circle theorems)
Did any of you get the grades back yet?
Original post by theuglymeme
Did any of you get the grades back yet?

Hi! Yeah I got mine back - 140 marks @ Grade 7. Someone else in my class got 119 and got a 7 so I'm thinking I'm quite close to an 8 but don't know the exact boundaries! Bit disappointed with a 7 but still got some time to improve!
Hi! Yeah I got mine back - 140 marks @ Grade 7. Someone else in my class got 119 and got a 7 so I'm thinking I'm quite close to an 8 but don't know the exact boundaries! Bit disappointed with a 7 but still got some time to improve!

Thats really good tbh. Did anyone in your school get a 9?
Original post by theuglymeme
Thats really good tbh. Did anyone in your school get a 9?

No my mark was the highest in the school, most people got in the 80s only a few over 100 marks
No my mark was the highest in the school, most people got in the 80s only a few over 100 marks

You were like less than 10 marks away from 8!! I got my results today
Do you know the exact grade boundaries? I got 190/240 and I've no idea what grade it is yet. My friends also want to know, so if you have the full grade boundaries, that would be really helpful :-).
Original post by theonereece
Do you know the exact grade boundaries? I got 190/240 and I've no idea what grade it is yet. My friends also want to know, so if you have the full grade boundaries, that would be really helpful :-).

I know that you needed 179 for a 9, 140 something for 8, 106(something around that for 7. I cant remember others but only 23 marks for 4

Quick Reply

Latest