The Student Room Group

Are most guys invisible to girls?

Please help me understand how girls experience attraction. This is how I see it. Please give me your serious and honest opinion.

In my opinion most guys are objectively not physically attractive. The average joe is a million miles from the Zac Efrons and David Beckhams of this world. So many men I see in the street each day look really rubbish. I'm sorry if that seems harsh.

The guys that girls actually find sexy and lust after are a very small minority. Am I right in thinking that girls are sort of neutral until they properly get to know a guy? They need to feel attraction in their mind before their body.

If an average woman walked down the street in her underwear - men of all ages would look and enjoy the view. If an average man walked down the street in his boxers - most women would laugh. The male body is not inherently sexy. Only if it is in great shape.

In day to day life girls don't really notice guys in the same way guys notice girls. They don't really check guys out unless they are hot. Still interestingly many average and below average looking guys have girlfriends that wouldn't have looked at them twice before they got to know each other.

Girls really are not as visual as guys. They need to experience attraction mentally before they can experience it physically - the exception being if you look like Zayn Malik or someone like that. Can anyone dispute this?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Sorry I meant attraction*
Reply 2
Not at the beginning it isn't. Attractive girls are not going out with some neckbeard because they find him beautiful but because their physical attraction presumably grew as they discovered his personality. Point is at first he was invisible.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Samuel899
Not at the beginning it isn't. Attractive girls are not going out with some neckbeard because they find him beautiful but because their physical attraction presumably grew as they discovered his personality.

tbh it's totally dependent on each individual
Reply 4
No it isn't. Most men really aren't very attractive. Not in shape, weak jaws, badly dressed, poor grooming. Go outside and look around.
No it isn't. Most men really aren't very attractive. Not in shape, weak jaws, badly dressed, poor grooming. Go outside and look around.

meh
Reply 6
Do you ever feel initial attraction to men you don't know if they aren't objectively good looking?
99% of men I come across in my life I am not interested in at all romantically or sexually. I'm not sure how it is for everyone else, but personally most men are not attractive to me.
Do you ever feel initial attraction to men you don't know if they aren't objectively good looking?

brah chillax init
Please help me understand how girls experience attraction. This is how I see it. Please give me your serious and honest opinion.

In my opinion most guys are objectively not physically attractive. The average joe is a million miles from the Zac Efrons and David Beckhams of this world. So many men I see in the street each day look really rubbish. I'm sorry if that seems harsh.

The guys that girls actually find sexy and lust after are a very small minority. Am I right in thinking that girls are sort of neutral until they properly get to know a guy? They need to feel attraction in their mind before their body.

If an average woman walked down the street in her underwear - men of all ages would look and enjoy the view. If an average man walked down the street in his boxers - most women would laugh. The male body is not inherently sexy. Only if it is in great shape.

In day to day life girls don't really notice guys in the same way guys notice girls. They don't really check guys out unless they are hot. Still interestingly many average and below average looking guys have girlfriends that wouldn't have looked at them twice before they got to know each other.

Girls really are not as visual as guys. They need to experience attraction mentally before they can experience it physically - the exception being if you look like Zayn Malik or someone like that. Can anyone dispute this?

It's entirely subjective.

I'm not sure what exactly you're after. Do you want to be noticed more by women in the street?
money is the key
Good post generally if you are not attractive women will overlook you I dunno what goes through their mind if they see a really good looking bloke would be interesting to find out
Original post by rainbow.panda
99% of men I come across in my life I am not interested in at all romantically or sexually. I'm not sure how it is for everyone else, but personally most men are not attractive to me.

^ ditto
Reply 13
Original post by hezzlington
It's entirely subjective.

I'm not sure what exactly you're after. Do you want to be noticed more by women in the street?

No this isn't for my self improvement. I'm just trying to learn more.

It is not subjective. In terms of initial attraction most men are invisible. This can change if they meet the girl and she likes him. Do you really think everything I have said is wrong?
Reply 14
Original post by rainbow.panda

Yes I really think this is a common situation.
My fav word. So versatile :biggrin:
No this isn't for my self improvement. I'm just trying to learn more.

It is not subjective. In terms of initial attraction most men are invisible. This can change if they meet the girl and she likes him. Do you really think everything I have said is wrong?

It's a two way street. Not every woman is Megan Fox. For every average male, there is an average female. For every man that feels invisible, there is a woman that feels the same.

In my opinion most guys are objectively not physically attractive

That's utter rubbish. The difference is that men peak quite early; your average guy around age 17 or 18 will be, on average, fairly attractive.

Women, on the other hand, are not at their hottest at that age. It's usually around 22 or 23 that a women reaches her peak 'hotness', and they tend to plateau until their mid-30s.

By contrast, for guys from around 24 it just goes downhill.

In any case, when you say "objectively", you mean "personally / subjectively".
Reply 18
Original post by Angry Bird
money is the key

Status is a big part of male sex appeal. Money increases status.
Original post by karl pilkington
Good post generally if you are not attractive women will overlook you I dunno what goes through their mind if they see a really good looking bloke would be interesting to find out

How is that any different for unattractive women?

Do you think that "invisible" might be something that many, say, fat girls feel when it comes to being attractive and being noticed by the opposite sex?

Latest