Are Feminists ruining how people view women's rights? Watch

orton6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am all for women's rights, but it seems modern day feminists are just taking everything overboard, and are more about man hating than they are about increasing equality for women. I think Feminists are actually giving women a bad reputation and actually hurting people's views on women / women's rights, they definitely are for me.
BashCrash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You shoulkd ignore what type of feminists call themselves. It's easy to tell from what they say
Sadly they do drag down the name incredibly. Some one needs to round the girls from Buzzfeed and kick them out of the band
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree with everything you said
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whinging about nonissues like the way men sit or talk isn't the best way to look like a credible cause. I'll find the source later, but more people believe in women's rights and equalities than those who identify as feminist.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's always been idiotic whiny people supporting pretty much any cause. But now, any time a flurry of tweets are sent about some vaguely feminist issue the press jump on it. After all, nothing brings in the ad revenue quite like angry controversy, no matter how overblown it might be.

There are valid criticisms to make against feminism, but every time someone brings up the petty rubbish that the media has used to create a storm in a teacup, I cringe a little.
CookieButter
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BashCrash)
You shoulkd ignore what type of feminists call themselves. It's easy to tell from what they say
Sadly they do drag down the name incredibly. Some one needs to round the girls from Buzzfeed and kick them out of the band
Feminism is a distinct ideology with a distinct theory Bash. Its theories are flawed and hate filled. The name of feminism is not dragged down by the actions of its followers alone but by feminist theory itself. This is an ideology based on, marxist, communist beliefs, on the flawed, sexist principle of 'patriarchy'; that man is privileged and woman is disadvantaged by man. Feminist theory preaches that family, the idea of a father, mother and children is wrong. It preaches that there is no such thing as human nature, man or woman, that heterosexuality is sexist, that pedophilia is natural, that men are inherently evil and this is just the tip of the ice-burg that is this warped ideology. The vast majority of people do not know anything about feminist theory besides its exoteric generalities "equality"..."choice" etc....it is the furthest thing from equality and choice.

"Feminism has nothing to do with equality, and it is not about fairness. Neither is it egalitarianism, nor is it born of the liberalism of the Enlightenment. Feminists are not interested in equality of opportunity, irrespective of race, colour, creed – or sex – principles that are universally accepted as right. Theirs is the communist-utopian definition of equality qua sameness: parity of numbers disconnected from achievement through merit and ability, and divorced from skills and attributes."

Their Angry Creed by Robert Purdy....(Great Book!!!)
cadaanshaydaan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mainstream feminism (or alternatively, white feminism) that's adopted by the likes of Tina Fey, Lena Dunham, Emma Roberts and Taylor Swift is essentially white supremacy disguised as female empowerment.

They hijacked third wave feminism from black American women and turned something that included and empowered disabled, trans, sex workers and black women into watered down, performative, #heforshe mediocrity that is benefitting only themselves and their counterparts.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by orton6)
I am all for women's rights, but it seems modern day feminists are just taking everything overboard, and are more about man hating than they are about increasing equality for women. I think Feminists are actually giving women a bad reputation and actually hurting people's views on women / women's rights, they definitely are for me.
I think you need to make a distinction between feminists and man haters. The two are quite different although some man haters might state they are feminists.
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most men that tend to despise feminists are weak betas that feel threatened by them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (22)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (5)
15.15%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
18.18%

Watched Threads