charlieg617
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I have not come across another exam thread for the GCSE OCR Cambridge Nationals R001 exam in May. As OCR have recently released the preliminary material, I think it would be suitable.

How are you revising?
Do you have any useful revision resources?
Any predictions for the exam?

Thanks
Astravolt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How are you revising?

What I've already done is created mind-maps using coggle.it for every topic in that list so I can easily revise them, also including points on how the businesses in the scenario could use that technology. Now what I'm doing is going over those mind-maps, answering practise questions and making flashcards to try and get specific information into long-term memory. quizlet.com is a big help when revising specific information. I'm also doing past papers to try and familiarise myself with the type of questions that will be in the exam.

Do you have any useful revision resources?

My teacher gave us a list of what OCR said we need to specifically revise, which includes:
  • Databases
  • Data Protection Act
  • Acceptable Use Policy
  • Diary Management
  • Cloud Storage
  • Collaborative Working
  • Multimedia Presentations
  • Copyright, Design and Patents Act
  • GPS
  • Barcodes
  • Smartphones

BBC Bitesize and Teach ICT are fantastic free websites though they don't contain content specific to R001 and rather to GCSE ICT as a whole. My teacher let me borrow one of the R001 textbooks, presumably until I've completed the exam. I also find that the revision guide is really good for giving you the most important information for each topic summarised in an easy-to-learn format.

Any predictions for the exam?

No idea. :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads