The Student Room Group

Lack of Ucas points

The course I am currently studying is BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment part time, as I work the other 4 days as an assistant/trainee quantity surveyor. I have been offered a place at Nottingham Trent to study Quantity Surveying but it is on the condition that I attain 96 UCAS points from my current course of study. This equates to DD. In my first year we did 6 modules, I got 5 Passes and one distinction, this year i'm on track to and will achieve 6 distinctions. Does anyone know if I would be accepted due to my poor first year as the max i can get is DM? I dont think that its fair that i could be rejected due to my results in the first year if i get what is essentially 100% in the second year as the uni already knew of my results when they made me this offer. Maybe if I get a reference from a chartered QS that I work with to support my application?? Also the college have said they would support my application and if necessary with a reference.
Reply 1
Original post by joedavies23
The course I am currently studying is BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment part time, as I work the other 4 days as an assistant/trainee quantity surveyor. I have been offered a place at Nottingham Trent to study Quantity Surveying but it is on the condition that I attain 96 UCAS points from my current course of study. This equates to DD. In my first year we did 6 modules, I got 5 Passes and one distinction, this year i'm on track to and will achieve 6 distinctions. Does anyone know if I would be accepted due to my poor first year as the max i can get is DM? I dont think that its fair that i could be rejected due to my results in the first year if i get what is essentially 100% in the second year as the uni already knew of my results when they made me this offer. Maybe if I get a reference from a chartered QS that I work with to support my application?? Also the college have said they would support my application and if necessary with a reference.

Did you include your first year marks on your UCAS application? If so, you need to contact the uni and tell them that the offer is impossible for you to meet. They may then change the offer accordingly. If not, then you know that they won't accept you with lower grades so can pick a different more realistic university
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Did you include your first year marks on your UCAS application? If so, you need to contact the uni and tell them that the offer is impossible for you to meet. They may then change the offer accordingly. If not, then you know that they won't accept you with lower grades so can pick a different more realistic university

I'll call now thanks for that
Original post by joedavies23
I'll call now thanks for that

I went to an applicants day at my uni yesterday, spoke with a director of admissions and said that they may not refuse you if you are slightly below the offer requirements, but saying that, I don't know what Nottingham Trent say about being slightly below an offer. Best bet is indeed to make a call and try your chances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending