aberdeen123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I've applied to the University of Amsterdam and have been monitoring the 'my info' page (tracking portal). My status has updated to 'admission decision' implying that there has been a decision made on my application. However I have had no notification as to what that decision is. Does anyone know anything more?

Thanks!
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aberdeen123)
Hello,

I've applied to the University of Amsterdam and have been monitoring the 'my info' page (tracking portal). My status has updated to 'admission decision' implying that there has been a decision made on my application. However I have had no notification as to what that decision is. Does anyone know anything more?

Thanks!
Heya,

Sorry to see that you have not had an answer to this after 2 days. If you haven't heard back still, it may be worth getting in touch with the uni for more info.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4514998

The Amsterdam applicants thread may be of use to you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4571968

Or even a guide to applying to Dutch unis. There's no answer to your question in the first post from what I can see but may be worth asking in there. Also check out the sub forum in general - it may be useful to you.

Good luck and I hope you get the news that you are expecting.
mskhwise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am in the same boat! Did you get an answer from anyone? Thanks so much!

(Original post by aberdeen123)
Hello,

Thanks!
aberdeen123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
Heya,

Sorry to see that you have not had an answer to this after 2 days. If you haven't heard back still, it may be worth getting in touch with the uni for more info.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4514998

The Amsterdam applicants thread may be of use to you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4571968

Or even a guide to applying to Dutch unis. There's no answer to your question in the first post from what I can see but may be worth asking in there. Also check out the sub forum in general - it may be useful to you.

Good luck and I hope you get the news that you are expecting.
Thank you s much that's really helpful! I've found a few more answers in some of those forums!
aberdeen123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mskhwise)
I am in the same boat! Did you get an answer from anyone? Thanks so much!
Other people have said it is the same for them, with some interpreting that it meant UvA were finally coming to making the actual decision on my application. However, the status has stayed the same - only difference is that I was asked to submit a scan of my passport.

Someone else mentioned that the deadline for returning a decision was not until May - so who knows how long we'll have to wait!
mskhwise
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is what they emailed me back:
Dear K,

Thank you for your message.
The fact that the status changed to Admission Decision does not mean a decision has been made, but this will be the next step.
When there is more information you will be contacted as soon as possible via e-mail.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Feedback or thanks? Like Could be better

Kind regards,

Education Desk Social Sciences
T: 020 525 3777 Monday till Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
Digital Student Service Desk

Graduate School of Social Sciences (GSSS) student desk
caethli
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
my status has changed from "admission decision" to "completion" - I thought the final decision would be the next step (see mail above)? anyone knows what it means?
krmarano
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have had 'admission decision' status for close to 4 months now. Very frustrating. When I emailed they just asked me to wait for the decision. That was close to a month ago and still have not heard anything. I applied to the Sociology Masters program.
krmarano
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have not heard back about acceptance or not but received this:

"

You can enter your payment details now. In order to enter your payment details log in to Studielink and click on 'Enter payment details' in your To Do list. By entering your payment details, you are only indicating the manner in which you will be paying the tuition fee. This does not mean: - that your enrolment is definite- that tuition fees will be collected directly "

does anyone know what this indicates? I have applied for Sociology masters !
username3169060
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same here.
I will enter my payment details and wait another day.
The "help"-box at Studielink describes that entering the payment details is not the same as paying the tuition fee.

It seems to be a problem of the Graduate School of Social Sciences since we have all applied there. I have applied for Urban and Regional Planning masters.
krmarano
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fine9)
Same here.
The "help"-box at Studielink describes that entering the payment details is not the same as paying the tuition fee.

It seems to be a problem of the Graduate School of Social Sciences since we have all applied there. I have applied for Urban and Regional Planning masters.
But it also does not indicate acceptance, correct?
username3169060
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by krmarano)
I guess so :/
caethli
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got my offer yesterday, anyone else?
bayesbae
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I received this as well and am wondering what it really means!

I have not heard back about acceptance or not but received this:

"

You can enter your payment details now. In order to enter your payment details log in to Studielink and click on 'Enter payment details' in your To Do list. By entering your payment details, you are only indicating the manner in which you will be paying the tuition fee. This does not mean: - that your enrolment is definite- that tuition fees will be collected directly "

does anyone know what this indicates? I have applied for Sociology masters !
(Original post by Fine9)
Same here.

Goritos
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by caethli)
my status has changed from "admission decision" to "completion" - I thought the final decision would be the next step (see mail above)? anyone knows what it means?
Im also at that stage, any development after that?
izlpc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
  1. hey has anyone heard if they've been accepted to European Studies MA at University of Amsterdam to start in September 2018? feels like I've been waiting for ages to hear from them!
abu05
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I have applied for Master's Political Communication. My status on MyInfo portal has been changed to "completion". However, I have not heard from the University of Amsterdam. If anyone is aware of this situation kindly help.
Last edited by abu05; 2 years ago
WuC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you receive the offer later? My status has also changed to
euvillatoro
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I don´t know if you still check this chat but Im applying to UVA and my status is completion but havent received any email can you give me any information please
denizm
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by euvillatoro)
Hello! I don´t know if you still check this chat but Im applying to UVA and my status is completion but havent received any email can you give me any information please
Hi! Have you heard back yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (113)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.2%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.8%

Watched Threads