The Student Room Group

Is Uni Besti idea

Hi, I'm really not sure if uni is for me. I feel 50/50 on uni as can see it could be really good but I heard stories from people about uni not working out. I just wonder as not know a lot about uni or if write im worried that go open day feel right and not working out if get me. Im interested in media and not know it going differer from life at college and need support and advise on it

any webpages??

any support thing??

Any Help or Advise??????
@thomassennett uni 'not working out' is a very broad term and generally people may find that uni is not for them for a variety of reasons. You seem to have identified what you want to do so have a look at jobs that interest you and see what their entry requirements are. Also get some work experience to work out whether this is the field for you. Then you can decide whether or not you need to go to uni. Don't just go for the sake of it as it's a lot of time and effort to waste if you don't need it. Equally though going to uni will help you develop as a person and gain transferable skills which are also important.
hi, I will explore all options for example jobs and apprenticeships which will suit what want to go in to. I wont fade out idea on uni because I not feel
uni is not me there abit of me which think it might. as I am in my first year at college I can start looking around uni see now if for me and not leave it till next year and really explore each option. I feel aswell work experience will help to boost my skills and what job is like and also exploring a summer job which could give broad range options also looking on national carres service for apperships or giving call see what all about and maybe pros and
cons I could do. I might aswell look at uni in term speek to pople and groups of people to find out what all about and if right then maybe more clearer in dections if I do this
thank you for your help I think talking does solve your problems!!!
Go and take a look around at a few uni's it's not tying you down or anything and it could hep you decide what you want to do I would also recimend taking to your tutor and creates office for some guidence. Do you have a prospectus libery or something in college I iOS we did I think we called it the UCAS room it was well set out you could go in three poor over prospectuses or do your ucas form with all the Reading material you could ever need also go to the Ucas fair talk to the Uni's remember doing these things do not tie you in to uni.

You say that you are intrested in media what part?

Games, audio,film, TV you can do degrees in most of those subjects if you are talking about Mida studies I would say go do an apprenticeship as lot's of Mida jobs do not except Mida studies degrees unless you want to be a teacher .

Whatever you end up doing I wish you the best of luck.
Hi I am I am interested in media production but I do want him in his studies in video production designing is of creative media all that kind of stuff I'll have a look at what you said I don't do you've said in your message back and I'll give that a try thanks for the help .
Just because you hear people say "uni wasn't for me" or "uni didn't work out for me", doesn't mean it isn't going to work out for you. There are dozens of people who say "teaching didn't work out for me", or "medicine didn't work out for me" or "marriage didn't work for me". Doesn't mean you should avoid life possibilities because it didn't work out for others. Life will always be an uphill battle and a struggle. Doesn't mean you should spend your life trying to avoid the difficulties of life.

Uni is a hit and miss entirely, or some people have better years or worse year, etc etc. There are endless possibilities as to why uni was great for some and not so great for others.

You should consider your own personal circumstances first - whether you're a mature student, your finances, what you want to study and where, etc etc. before considering university.
Original post by thomassennett
Hi, I'm really not sure if uni is for me. I feel 50/50 on uni as can see it could be really good but I heard stories from people about uni not working out. I just wonder as not know a lot about uni or if write im worried that go open day feel right and not working out if get me. Im interested in media and not know it going differer from life at college and need support and advise on it

any webpages??

any support thing??

Any Help or Advise??????

Hello Thommassennett,

I understand that you are not sure about going to University. However, you will be surprised how amazing it is!
i studied Journalism and Media at Middlesex University and I loved my time!
I was really worried that it would have been too much and I would not have been suitable. It was exactly the opposite. From day 1 I met loads of people, I joined sports and society and I had the best years of my life!
University does not only give you better job prospects but it also helps your critical thinking, it teaches you how to work in a team and how to take responsibilities.
At Middlesex the courses are very practical, allowing you to have spare time to have jobs and enjoy your hobbies!
Doing a degree like Media will open loads of doors and I know that you won't regret it!
We are running an Open Day on the 10th of June, if you would like to come and have a look we can have a chat: https://mdx.hobsons.co.uk/Portal/EI/GroupUrl?gid=53045942998f87353742ef911b4c0d6389d511

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions
Ludovica
Original post by thomassennett

any webpages??

any support thing??

Any Help or Advise??????

Hello,

Yes, university 'not working out' is definitely a worry and can be a possibility. However, unfortunately, you shall never know until you are there. University is for some and not for others. Some people not that before they go, others don't discover the answer until they are there.

I would definitely shall university is worthwhile - both for the educational side and the social side! If you get there and it isn't for you, there is no problem with dropping out to pursue something else in your life!

Best of luck!
Hi that sounds really good sadly I want to be based in the Midlands for my uni course so that wouldn't be good location wise but thank you for the offer I'll have a look and see
Location is a bit of a problem though because I want to be based in the West Midlands so that wouldn't really be a option for me so what I will have the use of a look see where you're based and then research
Thanks for the advice I will look into it and has give me some great ideas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending