The Student Room Group

Foreskin Problems

I am 17 years old and cant pull my foreskin down and I also have white spots on my head and back of my penis! Any ideas would be helpful
Thank you
Technically the foreskin is only designed to go just past the glans (head) of your penis. Can you see the head fully?
Original post by jaydavid
I am 17 years old and cant pull my foreskin down and I also have white spots on my head and back of my penis! Any ideas would be helpful
Thank you

About a year after he got married, my cousin had to go to the
doctor to have his foreskin cut off......an adut circumcision. You need to see
the doc. They will help you without any qualms
Original post by KateinBarry
About a year after he got married, my cousin had to go to the
doctor to have his foreskin cut off......an adut circumcision. You need to see
the doc. They will help you without any qualms

@jaydavid
Being unable to retract your foreskin is a condition called Phimosis. PLEASE do not do what Kate said until you exhaust all your other options because you may regret it. Foreskin exists for a reason and helps keep moisture on the glans and keeps it covered so it will be very sensitive (which is good, you want to be able to have as much feeling as possible).

Firstly you need to try stretching the foreskin by making it go back as far as you can comfortably go. If it hurts then don't keep pulling or you will end up screwing yourself. Try bit by bit, take it slow and work on daily progress. I had the exact same problem as you and was too embarrassed to go to a doctor but luckily after maybe 2-3 months of stretching I managed to fix it myself. It takes time so be patient. If you don't make any progress after 4 months of daily stretching exercises then you should go to a doctor who can prescribe steroid cream to loosen the foreskin, which will make stretching easier and quicker for you.

If you still can't fix it, THEN and only then, would I say you should consider circumcision. But think very carefully before you take this route because you can't reverse it I think you should be able to fix it by stretching though, most people can.

GOOD LUCK!
Reply 4
Original post by jaydavid1
I am 17 years old and i cant pull back my foreskin! Also i have white spots on the head and back of my penis!
Any ideas would be helpful
Thank you

Circumcision for the tight foreskin. Spots are normal.
The spots are probably harmless Fordyce spots, but you'll be seeing your GP / a sexual health clinic anyway (big hint!) about the foreskin issue.

They're not going to rush to circumcision, and there are other options - including using a steroid cream to help stretch your foreskin - to try first.
thanks all for your advice, I don't want to do circumcision but I am embarrassed to go to doctors especially if they touch my penis, I might get a boner lol!
I will try to do the stretching
Also, sometimes the white spots are itchy and when I did pull back my foreskin I saw white stuff in the head but I didn't know what it was?!
Original post by jaydavid1
thanks all for your advice, I don't want to do circumcision but I am embarrassed to go to doctors especially if they touch my penis, I might get a boner lol!
I will try to do the stretching

Everybody would be embarrassed but you need to remember that they see penises everyday so they won't care
and white stuff will be something called "smegma" which is basically dead skin etc I think. You should clean it off if possible
oh ok thank you
I got paraphimosis after sex recently. I don't have a phimosis though. Pls tell me if circumcision is needed for me. I'm afraid that I might need to run to doc again after next sex

Quick Reply

Latest