Happydays17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello I am really confused as to if I should take advanced Advanced Higher Business or Maths. I want to do medicine so Maths its probably more useful but it I've heard it's really hard and it's not my best subject. Any advice would be really helpful.
Nalle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, I don't think Advanced Higher Maths is necessary for a medicine degree, and I think it is okay as long as you have National 5 or Higher Maths

To be honest, it'd probably be better that you done Advanced Higher Business Management (provided you have Maths already), as you feel you would get a better grade in that class, and a degree like medicine needs as many good grades as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happydays17
Rep:
?
Thanks so much for the advice. 😄. It's just that currently trying to get A at higher Maths involves a lot of hard work from me so I can't imagine Advanced higher. And I don't get Maths as a subject the same way other people wanting to do advanced higher does.☹️But then business is so irrelevant to want I want to do. But you've definitely made things more clear. Thank you!
Nalle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Happydays17)
Thanks so much for the advice. 😄. It's just that currently trying to get A at higher Maths involves a lot of hard work from me so I can't imagine Advanced higher. And I don't get Maths as a subject the same way other people wanting to do advanced higher does.☹️But then business is so irrelevant to want I want to do. But you've definitely made things more clear. Thank you!
No problem! And I know exactly how you feel about maths, even though I am not doing medicine, I just cannot grasp maths :/

Although business is irrelevant to a medicine degree, it doesn't matter. Once you have a good grade in the sciencies they are after, and a good grade in maths, then all they look for is a good grade in strong subjects (ie, not photography or anything like that). So Business is fine Good luck and I hope you get into your chosen course and eventually university!

Posted from TSR Mobile
santiol
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not all universities look whether you have maths or not. Check the universities you're interested in and check their requirements. Don't look at whether the subject is hard or not because 1. most of the time it's just other people's opinion and 2. do the subjects you know you're good at and enjoy doing.

good luck
Happydays17
Rep:
?
Thanks 😀I will definitely check out uni websites. I guess I'm too scared to make a choice and not enjoy it/ not do well and it's ends up being a waste.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.54%
Labour (376)
50.67%
Liberal Democrats (103)
13.88%
Green Party (38)
5.12%
Brexit Party (9)
1.21%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.4%
SNP (14)
1.89%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.4%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.81%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)