The Student Room Group

English Literature- Edinburgh or Durham?

I currently have an offer from Edinburgh and Durham to study English Literature (and Language at Edinburgh). I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice/experiences with these universities, preferably with the courses mentioned. In your opinion, which has a better reputation, night life, student life in general etc.? Any advice would be much appreciated! :smile:
Original post by thebelljar98
I currently have an offer from Edinburgh and Durham to study English Literature (and Language at Edinburgh). I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice/experiences with these universities, preferably with the courses mentioned. In your opinion, which has a better reputation, night life, student life in general etc.? Any advice would be much appreciated! :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=458032&p=70630264&page=350#post70630264

Hello,

Sorry to see that you have not had any responses. It is definitely worth visiting the Durham University forum as there is an active 'ask a current student' thread there (linked above) as well as an applicants thread for 2017 so you can meet other English offer holders.

Equally, check out the University of Edinburgh forum.

Lastl, they can be rather far depending on where you live, but if you get the chance, visit - it is very valuable.

Good luck with your choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending