The Student Room Group

Music GCSE (Edexcel)

This May i will be taking my GCSE's and for all of my subjects. I have been predicted high grades (6A*'s and 4A's) one of the A*'s is for music however i seem to be really struggling with the listening paper and although i have got an A* in my coursework i need at least an A for the listening paper and i can't seem to get it! If anybody has any revision techniques or help please let me know below because my listening paper grades are very low in comparison to my coursework.
Reply 1
Original post by Einstein7
This May i will be taking my GCSE's and for all of my subjects. I have been predicted high grades (6A*'s and 4A's) one of the A*'s is for music however i seem to be really struggling with the listening paper and although i have got an A* in my coursework i need at least an A for the listening paper and i can't seem to get it! If anybody has any revision techniques or help please let me know below because my listening paper grades are very low in comparison to my coursework.

Getthis revision guide if you haven't got it : Alan Charlton Edexcel GCSE Music revision guide.
Memorise as much from it as possible.
Ask your Music teacher to give you the sheet music score print outs of the 12 set works. Listen to the set works while following the scores.
Find examples of the important keywords in the score and circle them, noting roughly bar numbers.
Listen, listen and listen again to set works.
Try to memorise the important tunes from them, ask your teacher which ones of your are not sure (this is for the dictation question in the paper).
Make sure you know confidently at least two facts about each musical element in each set work; put those facts in the correct sentences - this will be your 12 mark essay question.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest