strugglesinlife
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What oprion shall I take so I can study law?
I have a choice betwen:
1. *History; *Geography
2. *ICT; *Health and Social Care; *Music; *Food Prep. & Nutrition; *French; *PE; *Engineering Design; *Art & Design
3. *Music; *Art & Design; *History; *Food Prep. & Nutrition; *Geography; *D&T Textiles
i can choosse only one for each 3 options and we can't repeat options for example ticking off Geografy on 1. and 3. at the same time
Thanks
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by strugglesinlife)
I have a choice betwen:
1. *History; *Geography
2. *ICT; *Health and Social Care; *Music; *Food Prep. & Nutrition; *French; *PE; *Engineering Design; *Art & Design
3. *Music; *Art & Design; *History; *Food Prep. & Nutrition; *Geography; *D&T Textiles
i can choosse only one for each 3 options and we can't repeat options for example ticking off Geografy on 1. and 3. at the same time
Thanks
Hiya!
First off, I don't think there is a 'set option' on what you should take for law.
1) both history and geography play a part, however i'd go for history since that is a good foundation for a law degree, with all the essays etc. although, geog has essays too.
2) honestly, whatever floats your boat. If you play an instrument to grade 4 standard, then you could easily get top grades for music. I'd not go towards food tech as it's alot of theory. Maybe between ICT/health and social care.

Hope it helps x
strugglesinlife
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
Hiya!
First off, I don't think there is a 'set option' on what you should take for law.
1) both history and geography play a part, however i'd go for history since that is a good foundation for a law degree, with all the essays etc. although, geog has essays too.
2) honestly, whatever floats your boat. If you play an instrument to grade 4 standard, then you could easily get top grades for music. I'd not go towards food tech as it's alot of theory. Maybe between ICT/health and social care.

Hope it helps x
What about the language? Is it going to help me if i want to study law and be lawer
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about the language? Is it going to help me if i want to study law and be lawer
French would be good, it shows different skills. I don't think any of them will close any doors. Just do the ones you will enjoy and will get good grades in
strugglesinlife
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
French would be good, it shows different skills. I don't think any of them will close any doors. Just do the ones you will enjoy and will get good grades in
Thanks a lot
Josie_1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a choice betwen:
1. *History; *Geography
Thanks
1) Defiantly History
2) ICT is helpful in whatever
3) Whichever one you like the best out of these options
erika159951
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I was you, I'd definitely choose history and French, as universities really love those subjects, and especially for law.
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a choice betwen:
1. *History; *Geography
Thanks
there are no required subjects for law

so you should be fine whatever you pick
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pugglet)
there are no required subjects for law

so you should be fine whatever you pick
I second this
username2020573
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a choice betwen:
1. *History; *Geography
Thanks
As a previous poster has said there isn't a set selection of GCSE's to do in order to get to law. In my opinion,
-History - You'll probably develop more skills through this that you can transfer over e.g. essays etc.
- French - People don't understand how useful it is to have a language GCSE, I understand that you don't actually learn the language in a way that you'd be able to apply it to a conversation but as a qualification it's incredibly useful! Seeing as in many schools it is compulsory to take a language at GCSE you'd be putting yourself in a good position by offering as good subjects as other pupils.
- If you are particularly good or passionate about any of the creative subjects, go for it! If not geography would the better option as the other subjects I believe involve a lot more coursework/controlled assessments which can be time consuming.

All in all, go for something you'll enjoy studying but ensuring you'll get good grades at the end of it as law will be an academically demanding subject so any universities that do look at GCSE results, you'll need a high proportion of good grades - the specific subjects won't matter as much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads