Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Oxford letter... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few of my friends have been getting letters for Oxford telling them about how to prepare and what to do next term. When do Uni's see our grades, does the fact I did not get such a letter mean that I did not get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tealer)
    Quite a few of my friends have been getting letters for Oxford telling them about how to prepare and what to do next term. When do Uni's see our grades, does the fact I did not get such a letter mean that I did not get in?
    could ring them to find out if youre desperate to find out... or you could just do what most of us are doing: Wait till THURSDAY!!!!

ReputationRep:
    wrong forum, but never mind....

oxford will already have your results and will have made up their mind. However, it is common for some colleges to send students preperation letters early, regardless of exam success or failure. It's nothin to worry about that you are not recieving such letters.

ReputationRep:
    What grades are you expectin compared to your mates??
    What is the general trend in terms of grades when gettin into Oxford???
    7 A's n 3 B's at Gcse
    4 A's for A-level????

ReputationRep:
    i think most oxford students dont have that many Bs at GCSE, maybe 1 or 2 in unrelated subjects. The majority of the students wont have more than one B at A level though....at least half will have straight As

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for the replies sorry for posting in the wrong forum. You're right, I've waited 2 months already what more difference will 48 hours make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    i think most oxford students dont have that many Bs at GCSE, maybe 1 or 2 in unrelated subjects. The majority of the students wont have more than one B at A level though....at least half will have straight As
    i have no idea what the official stats are, but to be honest i know of very few students with anything other than As at A level, or maybe medics are just over-achievers.. anyway..the only Bs i know of are in the 5th unrelated academic subject.

anyway..i didn't get any info from my college till the saturday after results, so i wouldn't worry too much.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.