bobbybobby98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am in Year 13 and hoping to go to Uni later this year, to study for a geography degree.
My two top choices are Uni of Sheffield and Lancaster University, but I don't know which to choose as my first choice!
If I put Lancaster down as my first choice, the offer of AAA changes to an unconditional offer, which puts the pressure off A LOT. The course seems really great and I've also applied to do Study Abroad for a year. I thought the accommodation was nice too and the campus seemed to have a lot going on. The things I'm a bit worried about is the fact the town seems a bit too small, like there's only 3 nightclubs apparently, and I'm a bit worried the campus will seem a bit cramped and claustrophobic. I don't want to feel trapped. I also wasn't sure if I liked the whole campus thing, like I don't know if it will make me feel a bit too isolated?
Sheffield, on the other hand, is offering me AAB. In my mocks, I got two Cs and an A, so I'm not sure if AAB is that realistic. My worry is putting Sheffield down and not getting the grades, then being really stuck in terms of what to do next year! Sheffield, because it's a big city, does seem a bit more lively. It seems like there is a lot more to do there and a bit more of a 'scene' if you know what I mean. The course also seems really good. However, I haven't applied to study abroad with Sheffield (something I really want to do). There would still be an opportunity to apply later on but it wouldn't be guaranteed. Also, I'm not sure if Sheffield life would suit me. Because it seems more lively and clubby, I'm not sure if I'd fit in as well. I do love a night out, but I'm quite a quiet and shy person and I just feel that I might fit in better at Lancaster.
Also, Lancaster is offering me a scholarship if I get certain grades which would help me out a lot financially.
But I really don't know which one! Any ideas?
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
By the sounds of it, Lancaster seems a good way to go. Sorry to have to break it to you, but uni isn't just down to nightclubs and drinking (although that can be a fun relaxer). The uncondtitional offer is amazing and if you want to study abroad, that sounds like a very good way to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (174)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.14%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.12%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.92%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.6%

Watched Threads