The Student Room Group

People that complain about the chinese eating dogs but eat meat themselves

Why are you such a hypocrite?

If your argument is 'its the way they treat them' then why don't you just campaign for them to kill them 'humanely' instead of stopping the killing completely? Also its not just dogs and cats that are torture- other animals are too so why don't you say anything about that? Also animals in this country go through a lot of torture too so why are you happy to accept that?

If you try and say its because of intelligence then why are you happy to eat a pig? (An animal which has proven to be a lot more intelligent than a dog).

If someone told you to stop eating cows,chicken, pigs etc because of the torture they go through you'd cry 'vegan nazi' but you quite happy to tell people on the other side of the world to stop eating a certain animal because in your opinion they are 'cute'?

If you argue that dogs weren't meant to be eating then i ask you who gets to decide that? You? what gives you the right to decide which animal can and can't be eaten when you eat animals yourself? someone in india who loves cows could quite easily tell you that cows aren't meant to be eating and they are a great animal.

Scroll to see replies

It's called being a hypocrite
why would you make a new account just to make this thread
Dogs and cats are my pets, cows arent.
Reply 4
Original post by hezzlington
why would you make a new account just to make this thread

I am new here.
Because we see dogs as pets, not food.

Incidentally I used to tease a friend for eating horse and bunnies.
Original post by bex.anne

Well, cows are my pets & I eat cats and dogs.
Reply 7

Yes but it doesn't mean cows suffer less than dogs and cats. Cows are pets in india so would you be happy for someone there telling you to stop eating them as they don't like the way the cows are treated?

Or is it the simple fact that you get to decide what animals are ok for people to eat as you get to decide what is right and wrong.
Dogs and cats are pets which means people will have feelings attached to them. I (personally) dont see chickens, cows, lamb etc as pets or sacred animals and therefore feel nothing for them and will happily eat them as I love meat :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by yudothis
Because we see dogs as pets, not food.

Doesn't make it any less hypocritical though does it?
Reply 10
Sometimes I eat animal flesh and I have a dog as a pet.

Even if I did not have a dog as a pet I would not eat a dog.

I would be very unhappy if someone ate my dog.

So, what does that make me? :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by Fermion.
Dogs and cats are pets which means people will have feelings attached to them. I (personally) dont see chickens, cows, lamb etc as pets or sacred animals and therefore feel nothing for them and will happily eat them as I love meat :smile:

Cows ,pigs, chicken etc are pets to some people in the world though. Some people don't see dogs or cats as pets or sacred animal.

Do you admit you're a hypocrite?
Original post by XOR_
Well, cows are my pets & I eat cats and dogs.

Original post by babatr
Yes but it doesn't mean cows suffer less than dogs and cats. Cows are pets in india so would you be happy for someone there telling you to stop eating them as they don't like the way the cows are treated?

Or is it the simple fact that you get to decide what animals are ok for people to eat as you get to decide what is right and wrong.

I don't care about what other people think is normal. I am in the UK, not India, and we have completely different cultural norms. If a cow is your pet, then so be it, whats that got to do with me? At the end of the day, if theres a dog in my house that im playing with all day, i'd find it weird to eat one for dinner. If a person feels that way about their pet cow, then they can, its their choice. The same way it's my choice to decide what food I want to eat.

Why do vegetarians always want to force their views upon other people, if you don't think eating meat is okay, don't do it. Stop ranting about it to others 24/7.
Reply 13
Original post by Drez999
Sometimes I eat animal flesh and I have a dog as a pet.

Even if I did not have a dog as a pet I would not eat a dog.

I would be very unhappy if someone ate my dog.

So, what does that make me? :colondollar:

Would you tell others not to eat dogs but also be unhappy if someone told you not to eat cows, pigs, or chicken? If your answer is yes then that makes you a hypocrite.
Original post by babatr
Cows ,pigs, chicken etc are pets to some people in the world though. Some people don't see dogs or cats as pets or sacred animal.

Do you admit you're a hypocrite?

Nah. I couldnt care less if someone ate dogs, thats their business. If people wanna eat dogs then go ahead lol, I have bigger issues to worry about. They can eat what they want and I can eat what I want.
Reply 15
i don't care about what other people think is normal. I am in the uk, not india, and we have completely different cultural norms. If a cow is your pet, then so be it, whats that got to do with me? At the end of the day, if theres a dog in my house that im playing with all day, i'd find it weird to eat one for dinner. If a person feels that way about their pet cow, then they can, its their choice. The same way it's my choice to decide what food i want to eat.

Why do vegetarians always want to force their views upon other people, if you don't think eating meat is okay, don't do it. Stop ranting about it to others 24/7.

thats what you are doing when you tell people not to eat dogs.
Reply 16
Eating any kind of meat is unethical and unhealthy. Watch Earthlings on YouTube.
Reply 17
Original post by Fermion.
Nah. I couldnt care less if someone ate dogs, thats their business. If people wanna eat dogs then go ahead lol, I have bigger issues to worry about. They can eat what they want and I can eat what I want.

Well the people that do and sign petitions to get it to stop while they eat meat themselves are hypocrites.
I don't care about what other people think is normal. I am in the UK, not India, and we have completely different cultural norms. If a cow is your pet, then so be it, whats that got to do with me? At the end of the day, if theres a dog in my house that im playing with all day, i'd find it weird to eat one for dinner. If a person feels that way about their pet cow, then they can, its their choice. The same way it's my choice to decide what food I want to eat.

OP did not do that.

Do you rant about people eating dogs? If not, then OP is not referring to you.
Reply 19
Original post by babatr
Would you tell others not to eat dogs but also be unhappy if someone told you not to eat cows, pigs, or chicken? If your answer is yes then that makes you a hypocrite.

I would not be unhappy so my answer would be no...

So, what does that make me now? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest