Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Elles)
    i think these cases are the absolute exception out of 100s of thousands of students.

there's the speedy exam clerical check/remark option especially for people who have dependent university places - i would have thought your 6th form/school would have mentioned this or they will do on results day. & if there is a huge discrepancy between modules or predictions then go for this & the uni should be sympathetic (& may have already wondered about this with their time wioth your results) as if subsequently you do make the offer then they're obliged to take you.

i think you did scare people!
    Yes there is a rapid re-mark (2 to 3 days I think) available. BUT you must sort it out with your Exams oficer asap on Thursday as there may well be a number who want this. The sooner you can put in for it the better. On Thursday you and your Head of Sixth form also ought to contact your Firm offer to tell them what you are doing - as you may already have been passed on to your Insurance.
    Other posters on here have said that you have until August 31st to get this sorted. Pprovided you get a remark and it then transpires that you DO have the requisite grades for your Firm, I think they (your Firm) are obliged to take you. Pencil Queen will undoubtedly be able to confirm this (but I daresay she's a little busy right now!)

ReputationRep:
    Oh god,that is scary,I thought about this,but having and E when you in thenfirst place should get an A that is freaky,plus what if you got grades and then remarked and got a lower mark,or even had the same mark,I dunno what to do I'm just so nervous now

ReputationRep:
    But seriously...are the exam board going to own up tp making a mistake? Like you got a U and it's actually really worth an A...are they are actually going to admit to marking it wrong?

I sat a module in A/S Psychology and I got an E in that module, I resat it and it went up to an A!

But yeah...I wish I didn't read this thread now, more worries added to the nightmares I am already having! I keep dreaming I get D's, E's and even U's...arrrrgh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    But seriously...are the exam board going to own up tp making a mistake? Like you got a U and it's actually really worth an A...are they are actually going to admit to marking it wrong?

I sat a module in A/S Psychology and I got an E in that module, I resat it and it went up to an A!

But yeah...I wish I didn't read this thread now, more worries added to the nightmares I am already having! I keep dreaming I get D's, E's and even U's...arrrrgh!
    if they are caught then yeah they'll have to admit....it happened a couple of years ago on a big scale, because they were awarding too many A grades.

i think if you get really good marks in al your modules bar one or 2, and get U's for those, they'll notice- at least your teachers shoud be able to tell you if they think somethings happened. and you ursef wil know how wel you thought you did in that exam. you can order a remark. with somebody different marking the exam
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)

YES - this happened last year - one of my students was 1 mark off an A and although she didn't really need it for her offer, we all felt that she should have had an A in the synoptic, so we put in for it and they raised it - by 1 mark! enough for her to have the A.
    The second case was on a resit in Jan for someone who was only going to do AS Geog and we put in for a remark as they were very close (5 marks I think), the exam board did an arithmetic count first - which they automatically do before re-marking - and found that it had been counted up wrongly. So she ended up with a C grade for her Geog A/S instead of a D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippa)
    oh god oh god.. really i do geog? this gives me a whole new thing to freak out on.. last year i know that 3 different papers had to remarked last summer. and i sent off to have a january module re marked and it went from a low c to an high A. HONESTLY THE MARKERS HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THERE DOING.
    i do edexcel and i got my unit 6 remarked, went up by 16 UMS. not as dramatic as yours thaough however went form low C to mid B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karan)
    i do edexcel and i got my unit 6 remarked, went up by 16 UMS. not as dramatic as yours thaough however went form low C to mid B.
    It's still terrible, 16 marks could cost so much.

ReputationRep:
    This thread scares the hell out of me. *curls up and hides in a corner*

MB

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends had an AS history module (edexhell) remarked last year, and went up from about 29/100 to 79! Mind you, I'm sure mistakes like that are pretty rare! *confident smile*

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.