The Student Room Group

2.2 degree + PASS on LPC. Doomed?

Hi,
I got a 2.2 law degree some time ago and recently finished the LPC with a PASS grade.

I failed 1st term modules: Solicitors Accounts and Interview the 1st time - passed
the second time.
However, I also failed REAL ESTATES ( now passed) and this is weighted which is why I couldn't get a commendation despite getting high 60 in other subjects.

I've got one year's experience as a legal assistant in personal injury& family and I am looking for a high street firm.
DO I have any chance of a training contract ? I have paralegal job interviews coming up and the firms have indicated they might offer a TC down the line but right now I have lost the motivation due to my epic exam failures.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I wouldn't say you're doomed if you intend on applying for high street firms. I've worked at a law firm previously and one of the trainees had a 2:2 and got a pass on the LPC. City firms would be out of your remit however.

I am currently studying the LPC, am i correct in thinking that if you fail one module you cannot get a commendation?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending