The Student Room Group

Jealousy

My boyfriends first ever girlfriend cheated on him, he then went out with another's girl who always spoke to boys and cheated again, now he's with me every time I talk to a guy he gets really jealous?
Can anyone help on how to reduce this jealousy or at least help me understand whys he can't stop it
Thanks
Original post by RBalboa
My boyfriends first ever girlfriend cheated on him, he then went out with another's girl who always spoke to boys and cheated again, now he's with me every time I talk to a guy he gets really jealous?
Can anyone help on how to reduce this jealousy or at least help me understand whys he can't stop it
Thanks

He sounds very immature, hence why he can't stop it...

Sit him down and tell him to sort it or 'take a break'. It takes the fun out of a relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
He sounds very immature, hence why he can't stop it...

Sit him down and tell him to sort it or 'take a break'. It takes the fun out of a relationship.

What do you mean by the fact he sounds immature by it?
Original post by RBalboa
Thanks

Oh dear I have a similar sort of thing going on. My boyfriend has had two girlfriends before me, not entirely sure if they cheated on him however because he didn't specify. He just said they kept flirting with other guys so they broke up. Anyway, he told me right from the beginning he didn't want me to friends with any guys, he doesn't want me talking to them and to delete all of their numbers. Everytime I go out it's where are you going? Who with? No guys are there right? If there are, he gets angry. Although mine is a bit extreme and I don't approve of his extreme jealousy.
Original post by Anonymous
Oh dear I have a similar sort of thing going on. My boyfriend has had two girlfriends before me, not entirely sure if they cheated on him however because he didn't specify. He just said they kept flirting with other guys so they broke up. Anyway, he told me right from the beginning he didn't want me to friends with any guys, he doesn't want me talking to them and to delete all of their numbers. Everytime I go out it's where are you going? Who with? No guys are there right? If there are, he gets angry. Although mine is a bit extreme and I don't approve of his extreme jealousy.

Dump him
Original post by bones-mccoy
Dump him

On the verge of doing so, just about finding the right time!
Reply 6
Original post by RBalboa
Thanks

Is this Callum by any chance?
Reply 7
Original post by Asha_19
Is this Callum by any chance?

sc or whatsapp me
Reply 8
Original post by RBalboa
sc or whatsapp me

Safe
Reply 9
Because of his past negative experience, your bf sees a rival in every guy you know. This doesn't make him immature in any sense, he is just wounded and needs some extra care and understanding from your side. Obviously such wounds don't heal up in a day or two...he basically has to learn how to trust females once again.
That is a complicated situation. I have a similar situation, but a little more switched around. I was the one who cheated on my ex boyfriend and now I feel that every girl my boyfriend talks to is just flirting and trying to hook up or something. It's hard to get over those kinds of things. Especially, when his first girlfriend cheated on him. First relationships set a foundation in your mind of what to expect in future relationships. Also, since his next girlfriend after cheated on him as well, that just really sucks for him. I'm studying psychology and when "traumatizing" things like that happen, it leaves a big mark on the person whether they like it or not. However, this is a conflict you're going to have to sit down with him and have a nice long conversation about. All he needs is reassurance and a reminder that you will not do the same as his exes did. It's going to be annoying, but if you really love him, then care enough to want to help him get over this fear whether it works out with him or not. It's worth a try to help him.
Original post by Minimeli20
That is a complicated situation. I have a similar situation, but a little more switched around. I was the one who cheated on my ex boyfriend and now I feel that every girl my boyfriend talks to is just flirting and trying to hook up or something. It's hard to get over those kinds of things. Especially, when his first girlfriend cheated on him. First relationships set a foundation in your mind of what to expect in future relationships. Also, since his next girlfriend after cheated on him as well, that just really sucks for him. I'm studying psychology and when "traumatizing" things like that happen, it leaves a big mark on the person whether they like it or not. However, this is a conflict you're going to have to sit down with him and have a nice long conversation about. All he needs is reassurance and a reminder that you will not do the same as his exes did. It's going to be annoying, but if you really love him, then care enough to want to help him get over this fear whether it works out with him or not. It's worth a try to help him.

So you cheated on him too?

I feel really sorry for that guy. Thank goodness he's not with you at least.
Reply 12
He's insecure, never had much success with women and the times he got a girl they cheated on him which makes him paranoid, clingy and assuming the worst.

Not much you can really do he has to change his own mindset. The best way would be for him to become more confident, going to the gym improving his looks etc. When he reaches a certain value (7/10) he won't be bothered by cheating that much because he can just go find a girl prettier than you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending