Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

why do the mobo awards not give awards to rock groups watch

ReputationRep:
    Everyone nows rock originated from blues and stuff so why do rock groups not recieve mobos

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows the MOBO's are an awards ceremony to congratulate piss poor hip hop acts.

ReputationRep:
    I think the MOBOs are a farce. How can we expect people of black origin to be seemlessly integrated into society when there is a constant distinction being made between them and white people? If we had a MOWO awards there would be a scandal and the whole event would be racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    I think the MOBOs are a farce. How can we expect people of black origin to be seemlessly integrated into society when there is a constant distinction being made between them and white people?
    White people have won MOBO awards many times before. Its MUSIC of black origin not ARTISTS of black origin, you are confusing the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    White people have won MOBO awards many times before. Its MUSIC of black origin not ARTISTS of black origin, you are confusing the two.
    That's Music of African Origin, then.

ReputationRep:
    MOBOs are for black people only, with the exceptions of eminem and justin timberlake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    dajo is right, but it's true that it doens't help integration completely

ReputationRep:
    I am white, if I create some music it originates from me - it is of white origin regardless of genre. MOBO's are a joke - they try and lay a single ethnic claim over music which often has multi-ethnic inputs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    That's Music of African Origin, then.
    MOAO isn't as catchy as MOBO though!! I think that's why there isn't a MOWO. Oh no, it's because if it was specifically music of white origin that would be racist! :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.