The Student Room Group

Which political party do you support?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quady
For which election?

Local and national as things stand. Although i prefer Cameron-Osbourne to May-Hammond there is even less choice at this election than in 2015 and i do broadly support the government plan for Brexit.
Original post by Rakas21
Local and national as things stand. Although i prefer Cameron-Osbourne to May-Hammond there is even less choice at this election than in 2015 and i do broadly support the government plan for Brexit.

Why do you prefer Cameron-Osborne?
Original post by Cromwellian
Why do you prefer Cameron-Osborne?

I believe in deeper spending cuts and he's a better strategist (his last 4 budgets/statements were key in us getting 45%+ of home owners and pensioners). Although Cameron could be a bit wet I'm generally liberal domestically and I guess I just liked him more.

May says the right things and is good but she's colder and even more wet economically.
Original post by Rakas21
I believe in deeper spending cuts and he's a better strategist (his last 4 budgets/statements were key in us getting 45%+ of home owners and pensioners). Although Cameron could be a bit wet I'm generally liberal domestically and I guess I just liked him more.

May says the right things and is good but she's colder and even more wet economically.

I think Cameron was a mediocre PM. Osborne was better at pandering to the people but I'm not sure if that makes him a better Chancellor.

Frankly, democracy sucks.
Hello there, I am a Scottish Brexitor (yes we do exist) and these are my policies to make the UK the best nation on the planet

I want to vote for a party which shares my vision for Great Britain

Warning this manifesto is also known as the "Liberal Nightmare" manifesto meaning that this manifesto is not suitable for those who are liberal or left on the political spectrum!

1. Change healthcare system to a German style multi payer system with two choices of healthcare: public or private. Public will be the NHS which has children, students, pensioners, individuals earning under £45,000 per year eligible for it. Those over the age of 18 would need to pay 20% contribution towards their healthcare, GP appointments must have a £10 charge. Private system the same as the US healthcare system which of course would be regulated. Only UK citizens can use the NHS meaning EU citizens living here are ineligible to use it until they get citizenship, which won't be easy under my policies

2. Close down crap UK universities and introduce limit of 200 places for each course per year while lowering fees, invest more in colleges and apprenticeships to end this whole "uni" (yucky word) or die nonsense that exists today

3. Reform justice system by introducing three strikes rule, US style prison sentences and capital punishment for certain murder, rape and terror offences

4. Prohibit the wearing of certain face coverings; and for connected purposes

5. Scrap the BBC licence fee

6. Privatisation of the British Broadcasting Corporation and Channel 4, sell BBC to some corporation like the Walt Disney Company and C4 to Discovery or BT.

7. Scrap the Inheritance tax

8. Scrap Tax Credits

9. Introduce the purposed Royal finances reform charter which would Parliament to set an annual fixed budget for the monarchy - including an annual salary for the Queen - to be managed and reported on by a government department, not Buckingham Palace.
All security costs to be made transparent and accountable. All costs of royal visits around the country to be incorporated into the monarchy's budget, not met by local authorities. The institution of the monarchy, and all members of the royal household, to be required to abide by the same tax laws and rules as all other public bodies and private individuals. The Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall to be fully investigated by parliament with a view to transferring them into public ownership, with all revenue going to the Treasury. The Crown Estate to be renamed 'the National Estate' and its status clarified through amendment of the Crown Estate Act.

10. Repeal the Dangerous Dogs Act, this is an embarrassing piece of legislation which shows the UK Govt as a Government and nation of laziness, other countries wouldn't tolerate such fascist legislation

11. Triple sentences for crimes on animals as well as life bans from ownership of animals if convicted of crimes of animal abuse

12. Introduce green cards to give to current EU citizens living in the UK to allow them temporary stay after we leave the EU. EU citizens who are: married to UK citizen, mother/father/sibling of UK citizen, have business in UK which employs at least 10 UK national staff, have PHD degree from a UK University, working full time earning above £20,000 or married to person who is, live in the UK for at least 20 years without criminal record will be eligible to apply for UK citizenship. Those who don't meet these conditions may face deportation meaning a gestapo style wipeout of Eastern Europeans in Nicola Sturgeon's Govanhill area

13. Introduce new legislation which requires license to have children. Too many parents give birth to children then leading them to a childhood of abuse. Make it law that to be a parent/s of a child the household annual income must be over £15,000. for two children, over £30,000, people on benefits may lose custody of their children.

14. Introduce new abortion laws which make abortions illegal after three months of a pregnancy unless it poses a life threatening danger to the mother. They should not be funded by the NHS unless person is a victim of rape or if the baby poses a danger to the mother

15. Have Rule Britannia as the UK national anthem instead of God Save The Queen because that anthem sucks, and have Jerusalem as the national anthem for England

16. Introduce an English Parliament or English Regional Assemblies leading to a Federal system of Governance similar to Australia and Germany.

17. Reduce the voting age, alcohol ,smoking, driving age etc to 16 since they can already get laid, leave school, work and they also drink and smoke anyway so there's no point in laws preventing it, if they want to kill themselves let them do so

18. Introduce city region Mayors/Provosts to more UK cities including Newcastle area, Greater Glasgow, Edinburgh area, Aberdeen area, Cardiff Metro area with full control over police, fire & rescue, transport, tourism, housing, infrastructure, sports and economic development, ensure they spend a lot on infrastructure such as building kickass skyscrapers and stadiums like the top US cities making the UK look more of a competitive country and cities to rival global counterparts

19. Cut the money received in benefits by 50% benefits (with the exclusion of benefits relating to the disabled, and army veterans) to prevent people from relying on them to live their lives. Benefits must not look after people but simply give them enough money to maybe have a meal a day

20. Relax regulation relating to firearms, airguns and explosives. People should have the right to buy them if they wish to do so. Not everyone who owns firearms in places like the US and Switzerland desires to shoot school kids like the BBC and ITV likes to tell you, this country is suffering from severe disillusion of the purposes of firearms and the second amendment of human rights.

21. Reform the Houses of Parliament to a more PR system of Parliament. First change the House of Commons voting system to the AMS system with 300 MPs elected under FPTP and 146 elected under PR with each UK region getting it's fair share of PR MPs (Scotland gets 12, North East gets six, South East gets 20).
House of Lords with 200 seats which are elected by percentage of vote each party receives nationally, if the Conservatives get 38% they get 76 seats in the Lords. Each party appoints whoever they like to the House of Lords provided they meet the following criteria: are over 50 years of age, received honours from the monarchy e.g O.B.E, knighthood etc, have had a previous 20 years of experience in their expertise etc. no bishops or that religious crap in the Lords

22. Open up a UK version of Guantanamo Bay somewhere up in some freezing and rainy island in Northern Scotland with US style torture fully in place, it would also annoy Nicola and Alex, which is always a plus

23. Make begging for money and food in the street illegal.

24. Ban convicted felons from working in the public sector, too many sex offenders are taxi drivers and driving kids to god knows where

25. Bring back workhouses for poor people instead of universal credit

26. Reform of Scottish education system
- Scrap all qualifications below national 5 of all subjects as well as scraping advanced highers, S4 all pupils should do national 5s, S5 all should do 5 highers, and S6 can redo highers or other subjects
- Replace grading system (A, B, C) with percentage marks (74% etc)
- Instead of one big exam have eight exams (four open book, four closed book)
- Scrap NABs as pupils should have the right to so exams regardless of ability

27. Have all schools in the UK fly the Union Jack and their respective national flag (England, Scotland, Wales etc)

28. 5 year freeze on immigrants from Eastern Europe

29. Change BBFC rating system to U, PG, 12 and 16 with the last two being that those under the age must be accompanied by an adult

30. Allow all UK citizens to get free university in Scotland instead of just Scottish and EU nationals.
Strong conservative, maybe even UKIP. Support brexit, hate left wing snowflakes
Conservatives. Theresa May, David Davis and the others are doing a great job at moving towards Brexit which will fix the mess that the EU has put on UK.

[video="youtube;iz8b4GB3oTM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz8b4GB3oTM[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Liberal Democrats for the win.
Conservatives, however would tactically vote UKIP if it could kick Labour out
Original post by Michiyo
Liberal Democrats for the win.

im sorry, tim farron is an utter moron, begs for voters, wants a second referendum, IS HE NUTS?
Original post by Sam280297
Conservatives, however would tactically vote UKIP if it could kick Labour out

Despite the media impression there are actually very few seats in which the Kippers are remotely close enough to threaten Labour. Most of the Lab-Kip seats are the type of seats where Labour is on 50% and the Kippers on 20%.

Conversely, whether your in the north east red blob, the Yorkshire red blob or Wales, there are genuine Lab-Con marginals where your vote will count. A vote for the Tories in Middlesbrough South or Coventry will be far more impactful than voting for the Kippers in Hull.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending