Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I found a lump in my breast. I went to get it checked out about a year ago and immediately was referred to the breast clinic.

When I was there the doctor said it was just a milk duct and not to worry. Anyway I left, but it's a year on and the lump is still there and throbs occasionally. It's got a little bit bigger too.

When I tried to google how to ease the pain of the milk duct all that came up was about breastfeeding. However, I have never been pregnant so my milk ducts won't have ever been active.

Does any one have any idea about this or how to relieve the pain?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go back to the doctors
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I found a lump in my breast. I went to get it checked out about a year ago and immediately was referred to the breast clinic.

When I was there the doctor said it was just a milk duct and not to worry. Anyway I left, but it's a year on and the lump is still there and throbs occasionally. It's got a little bit bigger too.

When I tried to google how to ease the pain of the milk duct all that came up was about breastfeeding. However, I have never been pregnant so my milk ducts won't have ever been active.

Does any one have any idea about this or how to relieve the pain?
Ditto. Go back to the doctors. Growing lumps are one of those warning signs you should get looked at. It's probably just the milk duct again/ still, but its worth making sure. If nothing else they should be able to advise you on how to manage the pain.

I was told starflower oil helps breast pains. You can get it from pharmacies so maybe you could give that a go while you wait to see the doctor again.

Good luck. Make sure you remember to ask what to do about it, not just what it is. It's easy to forget that bit when you're in there having your breasts looked at by a stranger :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (56)
60.87%
No (36)
39.13%

Watched Threads