EdExcel Unit 3 & 4 Pre-release material discussion. Watch

Bethh2105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So the pre-release material for Unit 3 and 4 are out!

Unit 3 - Bridging the development gap focusing on the study of 3 different countries in Central America - Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua

Unit 4 - I am doing Tectonic Activity and Hazards. The pre-release is about the effectiveness of management strategies in developed and developing countries.

What are people's opinions? Any ideas on possible exam questions?
Abi278
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm really happy with both and I'll be doing tectonic hazards as well, my teacher believes that the unit 4 question will be 'to what extent is the level of development the most important factor in determining the effectiveness of tectonic hazard management?' Or the same question just worded slightly differently!
Bethh2105
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Abi278)
I'm really happy with both and I'll be doing tectonic hazards as well, my teacher believes that the unit 4 question will be 'to what extent is the level of development the most important factor in determining the effectiveness of tectonic hazard management?' Or the same question just worded slightly differently!
Thank you! That is definitely a possibility for the exam Q! Some predictions my teacher gave were:

1) To what extent do different factors influence the effective management of hazard events in contrasting locations?

2) Human factors are more important in the effective management of hazard events in developing countries. Discuss.

There are quite a few possibilities but they are all fairly similar!
Abi278
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bethh2105)
Thank you! That is definitely a possibility for the exam Q! Some predictions my teacher gave were:

1) To what extent do different factors influence the effective management of hazard events in contrasting locations?

2) Human factors are more important in the effective management of hazard events in developing countries. Discuss.

There are quite a few possibilities but they are all fairly similar!
Ah yes they are!
We are writing ours in the style of the question she believes will be it as it will be easy to change the R2Q as it seems to be pretty obvious how the question should be asked!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%