The Student Room Group

AP or A-Levels?

I know threads have been created about this before, but I can't really find what I'm looking for.
I'm an eleventh grade student in the Middle East. I'm trying to apply to a university in Canada but I'm not sure what exams I should take. Right now I'm aiming for Math, Biology, and Chemistry A-Levels. I have a friend strongly encouraging me to take AP's instead since his brothers have done so and are doing well. However I do not know how well this will work with me as he and his brothers are Canadian whereas I am not.
So far I've taken the Computer Science, Math, English, and Business O Levels with high grades in all of them. I did the SAT a few months ago and got a score of 1300 something, I'm repeating it next month. I am doing the Biology, Chemistry, and Physics O Levels next month, along with AS Pure Math.
I'm doing the TOEFL in September.

Based on what I've done and what I'm going to do, should I switch to AP's or continue with A-Levels? Can anyone give me some details on what would work better for a Middle Eastern student in Canada?
(edited 7 years ago)
I think it depends on what you think you could better results in, but Canada are gonna be more familiar with AP (though they still do recognise A Levels) just because of the number of US students who go there.

Quick Reply