The Student Room Group

How to be happy single?

How can I be happy single? How can I stop dwelling on the fact that I don't have a girlfriend yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sgt. Peppers
How can I be happy single? How can I stop dwelling on the fact that I don't have a girlfriend yet?

I honestly don't see the fuss over being in a relationship, I'd rather focus on getting my life together first.

Are you actively putting yourself out there?

Get yourself a hobby, take up reading, go out more, etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Stop looking at the pros and look at all the cons that come with being in a relationship
You need to stop obsessing over this. Maybe then you'd be happier?
Original post by Tiger Rag
You need to stop obsessing over this. Maybe then you'd be happier?

Yeah, I;m giving it a try. I often message a girl I like but she never seems to message me first so I am backing off for a while see if she responds if not I'm moving on...
Yeah, I;m giving it a try. I often message a girl I like but she never seems to message me first so I am backing off for a while see if she responds if not I'm moving on...

It's clear when you (general) come across as desparate. I don't respond if you do.
You will be happier, less miserable and more attractive if you make the most of being single. A partner isnt the answer to all your problems.
Get busy ,and develop yourself. That will mean you have more to offer any potential partner .
Original post by 999tigger
You will be happier, less miserable and more attractive if you make the most of being single. A partner isnt the answer to all your problems.
Get busy ,and develop yourself. That will mean you have more to offer any potential partner .

Thanks! Yeah I feel I need to learn to value myself first!
Thanks! Yeah I feel I need to learn to value myself first!

Attracting someone else will always come down to what you have to offer.

Would you want to be with someone who is unhappy? Its a win win for you if you sort it out.

Do something you enjoy doing. And bear in mind that, if you get a gf, you may not have the freedom to do whatever you want, so remind yourself of that to stay positive. Otherwise, try to get a gf if you really want one.
Reply 10
Your wallet will be a lot healthier
Original post by iqra2159
Your wallet will be a lot healthier

SOLD! I'm staying single for life haha!
Can't be cheated on if you have nobody to betray your trust in the first place.
Attachment not found
do you want me to be honest, you can't be happy if you are single. I am single and have never had a girlfriend in my life, it gets me down so much but hey, what woman would want me, im so ugly and stupid its unbelievably. i can't even drive and i don;t have a job. I mean i HAVE NEVER held a girls hand before or even hugged a girl, how can i be happy with that
Honestly, if you're asking this then one way is to actually get a gf and find out that's it's not all that you think and people make it out to be. Then you'll be happy when you're single :smile:. Either that or you'll be happy in your relationship so win-win.
Like everything in life, you will feel down when you compare yourself to those who are seemingly better off than you. You need to compare yourself to those who are worse off than you

Not everyone in a relationship is happy, remember that. Just because they put on the act doesn't mean that they are, its usually a cover up. Relationships are a lot of bloody hard work, much better to remain single than be trapped in a relationship
Reply 16
Original post by footballman123
do you want me to be honest, you can't be happy if you are single. I am single and have never had a girlfriend in my life, it gets me down so much but hey, what woman would want me, im so ugly and stupid its unbelievably. i can't even drive and i don;t have a job. I mean i HAVE NEVER held a girls hand before or even hugged a girl, how can i be happy with that

thats quite a naive way of thinking dude, you can be happy single. its only because you allow this to make you miserable that you think you can't. having a partner is not the be all and end all.
Hi Guys,
Well come to forum site.We want me to be honest, I can not be happy if you are single. We single and have never had a girlfriend in my life, I think down so much but hey, what woman would want me, we so ugly and stupid its unbelievably
Reply 18
Being in a relationship isn't even a big deal. Obsessing will only push you back further.
Original post by creditcard91
Hi Guys,
Well come to forum site.We want me to be honest, I can not be happy if you are single. We single and have never had a girlfriend in my life, I think down so much but hey, what woman would want me, we so ugly and stupid its unbelievably

This post is the definition of being illiterate and quite frankly a poor attempt at being a troll.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest