The Student Room Group

Thoughts on these A-Levels?

I'm going to be restarting my A-Levels in September (I got DEU in AS's back in 2015 and have been out of education for roughly 18 months, I just turned 19).

I'm thinking of doing Digital Technology (which has replaced ICT), Economics and Geography, with the objective of going to Uni for Computer Science, or maybe doing an HnD.

I know most people will say to drop Geography and do Maths but I reeeally don't want to, do you think it's absolutely necessary? I'm not bothered about going to Oxbridge, I'm from NI so I'd be looking at Queens firstly.

My main question is - how difficult is Geography? Is it a very soft subject? I'm interested in the content but I haven't done Geography as a subject since I was like 13, I didn't do it for GCSE.
Reply 1
I find That Geography is quite hard. Considered a science by Uni's. Lots of knowledge to get your head around and remember. If your passionate then go for it. It will require extra hard work outside contact time not doing it at gcse.
Original post by wanderingmoon
I'm going to be restarting my A-Levels in September (I got DEU in AS's back in 2015 and have been out of education for roughly 18 months, I just turned 19).

I'm thinking of doing Digital Technology (which has replaced ICT), Economics and Geography, with the objective of going to Uni for Computer Science, or maybe doing an HnD.

I know most people will say to drop Geography and do Maths but I reeeally don't want to, do you think it's absolutely necessary? I'm not bothered about going to Oxbridge, I'm from NI so I'd be looking at Queens firstly.

My main question is - how difficult is Geography? Is it a very soft subject? I'm interested in the content but I haven't done Geography as a subject since I was like 13, I didn't do it for GCSE.

Think Maths A Level is a requirement for ALOT of good unis for computer science - and computer science contains a lot of maths, so if you don't like maths, why do you like computer science?

Quick Reply

Latest