The Student Room Group

Fillings

post removed
I have 4 currently, you can get your front teeth filled yes. Mine are in my back teeth so they aren't noticeable, even if they were it's better than going through an extraction, the last tooth I had out took a lot of force and going to work with a bruised cheek the next day did not look good
I have about 4 including one on a front tooth right by the gum, all from when I was a kid. How noticeable they are depends on location and colour. Back ones aren't too noticeable because frankly who the hell is staring into your mouth. Front ones would be super noticeable, but fillings can be coated with a white colour and that's what they do with front ones. The white coating isn't just standard white- they make it as close to the colour of your teeth as they can. I have a bf with a capped tooth right at the front from where he had some break off as a kid and my own filling on a front tooth and neither are noticeable unless you're told it's there and are looking for it.
As for putting off the opposite sex a) they aren't that noticeable so the look shouldn't put anybody off and b) most people have at least one filling so if you were to judge by fillings you'd have slim pickings. Oh and frankly anybosy who would judge by fillings is an a hole who you wouldn't want to date anyway so no loss there :P

As for how noticeable they will be to the person with them, as long as they are done properly you shouldn't be able to feel them at all. They are filed down so they will match your bite. If they aren't filed down well you will probably notice you bite being off, but you can just go get them filed down afterwards if you notice this. I had a filling that wasn't filed down properly and developed a strained jaw, but went to see another dentist later who filed it down and sorted it.

I get the impression you might be worried about the possibility of having fillings yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest