Nadav6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've applied for a Phd to both Oxford and LSE as an international (overseas) student, but it seems that Oxford offers a significant amount of various scholarships (between 10-20, and these are automatically being considered once you apply, so you do not even need to make a special application for the scholarship), as opposed to LSE, which only offers one or two scholarship programs (which are obviously very competitive) and that's about it.

I guess Oxford is richer and has more donors, but does it make sense that LSE has that little? or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
luq_ali
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm also interested, in applying for LSE. I just visited there page, and it seems for an overseas student -as I also will be, is the Scholarship for the Mphil/Phd, known as the LSE Phd Studentships...for which there is NO separate application-you are automatically considered so long as you met the application deadline on time. The other two seem to be UK/EU only...also, I remember reading, I think it was for 2014 or so for Oxford, they had 225 applicants for 25 slots...so if they are awarding scholarships to 10-20 students, then that means just about all admitted there will get something, but that is a very small class. I think LSE's class may be a little bigger than that...which is another factor to consider as well.http://www.lse.ac.uk/Study-at-LSE/Gr...rogrammes.aspx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed