I hate my Drama GCSE, can I drop it in Year 10?

Watch
hanaflower
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I hate my GCSE. I'm not sure why I chose it in year 9 as an option... It was so idiotic of me, honestly. I want to drop it and I've been chasing and following any teacher involved around since Christmas, and I haven't gotten a single Yes or No since then. I don't want to bother the teachers but I am a student...
I don't know what to replace it with, but I've heard you can have frees? Even if they're usually taken by sixth formers, I think GCSE Students can take them too to study and just stay in the Library or something.

It's just getting ridiculous. I want to drop it because I don't enjoy it and I hate the people there. I want to get along with them but nobody wants to work with me, and I'm capable of designing too so in terms of work and usefulness I don't see why they don't want to work with me, but I think they just all have their little cliques... Once I approached a group and they just started running away! It sounds funny but it was devastating at the time. I just keep thinking of how stupid of an idea it was to even choose this option in the first place... It was never for me.

There has been the point where it's ruined my views so much that I've even felt like killing myself.. I know this might be in another topic but the solution to this issue is to drop my Drama GCSE. I really feel like I'd attempt something stupid during Year 11 if I carry on. I don't want to live another year of my already terrible school life with this awful subject in a classroom of moronic idiots. Sorry for taking this thread on a very dark turn but it is the truth and I just want to escape somehow. Changing groups won't work because the 2 Drama classes don't fit in the same places with each other on the different timetables. And I don't know any other subjects that fit in with Drama in general. Can I drop it? And what other solutions are there if I can't?
Username1502
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This seems like something very serious and it appears that is is having a very damaging effect on yourself psychologically.

I'd certainly be very forward about dropping the subject, as I did it myself at GCSE, and although I didn't experience the exclusion that you are experiencing at the moment, I can very much imagine it happening given the personalities that the subject attracts at GCSE level at least.

I would strongly recommend you get your parents or guardians or carers, or someone who you live with, involved to contact the school and the drama department urging them to let you drop the subject - primarily due to the damaging effects it is having on you an the detrimental effect it is having on both your social and academic life.

Good luck!
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hanaflower)
I hate my GCSE. I'm not sure why I chose it in year 9 as an option... It was so idiotic of me, honestly. I want to drop it and I've been chasing and following any teacher involved around since Christmas, and I haven't gotten a single Yes or No since then. I don't want to bother the teachers but I am a student...
I don't know what to replace it with, but I've heard you can have frees? Even if they're usually taken by sixth formers, I think GCSE Students can take them too to study and just stay in the Library or something.

It's just getting ridiculous. I want to drop it because I don't enjoy it and I hate the people there. I want to get along with them but nobody wants to work with me, and I'm capable of designing too so in terms of work and usefulness I don't see why they don't want to work with me, but I think they just all have their little cliques... Once I approached a group and they just started running away! It sounds funny but it was devastating at the time. I just keep thinking of how stupid of an idea it was to even choose this option in the first place... It was never for me.

There has been the point where it's ruined my views so much that I've even felt like killing myself.. I know this might be in another topic but the solution to this issue is to drop my Drama GCSE. I really feel like I'd attempt something stupid during Year 11 if I carry on. I don't want to live another year of my already terrible school life with this awful subject in a classroom of moronic idiots. Sorry for taking this thread on a very dark turn but it is the truth and I just want to escape somehow. Changing groups won't work because the 2 Drama classes don't fit in the same places with each other on the different timetables. And I don't know any other subjects that fit in with Drama in general. Can I drop it? And what other solutions are there if I can't?
In regards to your mental health - I would strongly suggest that you speak to a doctor about this. You can be prescribed medication that would be able to control your mood, help stop your suicidal thoughts, and can make your symptoms more manageable. If you're reluctant to go onto medication, they can definitely get you involved in counselling/therapy sessions. Leaving Depression untreated can have growing consequences, so I do recommend that you try and get yourself on the right path as soon as possible.

In regards to Drama - If the subject is having such a detrimental impact on your health, then I really recommend you drop it. First I would speak to your parents about this issue, and then approach the school. If the school are reluctant, then keep at them and eventually they will give in. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time at school, I was bullied a lot at school and it was awful. However now, I'm off to study a course I love at university and I am working on regaining my confidence and recovering from Anxiety and Depression.
Idon'tknow123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same... I have my bsf in my drama class but she's popular and goes with her other friends ik it sounds crazy but it's reality. I really regret picking this stupid subject I don't even fit in all of the girls there are either blonde ginger or brown hair with a white ethnicity. I feeeeeeel for u.though i'm still in yr 9 - well literally nearly yr10 and i actually don't know how i'm going to friking survive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (306)
34.27%
No (587)
65.73%

Watched Threads