I'm going to start a GYG thread! Watch

Preciousxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have been lacking motivation recently and decided to start a GYG thread, after reading misstiah_h blog sort of thing!
I'll update soon.
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
So my Predicted, Current and End of KS4 targetgrades are....

*Additional Science AA*A*
*English Lit 778
*English Lang 778
*Geography BAA
*Mandarin A*A*A
*Maths 788
*Religious Studies BA*A*
*Sociology AAA

(Last year I also sat French and Core Science, in which I got an A and B, respectively)

Obviously I'm not quite near all my predicted grades yet
I don't even know what the difference between my End of KS4 target and Predicted
Reality Check
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved, obviously, to Grow Your Grades.
misstiah_h
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Preciousxo)
I have been lacking motivation recently and decided to start a GYG thread, after reading misstiah_h blog sort of thing!
I'll update soon.
Hey!
I'm so glad I inspired you to start a thread
Great predicted grades btw.. looking forward to seeing your progress X
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by misstiah_h)
Hey!
I'm so glad I inspired you to start a thread
Great predicted grades btw.. looking forward to seeing your progress X
Thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to achieve them!
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
Update: 27/03/17

So today I had two mocks exams; English Language Paper 2 and Maths. Maths, I'd rate it a 6/10 but I don't think was as hard as December mocks. It was the first time in a long while doing Paper 2(English) But I think it was decent. I'll mention what grades I got when the teachers have marked them.
I have Biology(Additional Science) and another Maths paper tomorrow, this time calculator. I have just finished revising Maths I just need to brush up on Biology, then I'm finished for the day!
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
Update: 10/04/17

I obviously haven't posted in ages, So I'll try to catch up:

• I went to school for 3 days of the Easter holidays to get some top up revision sessions for RS, Maths, and English
  • I got my maths paper back, I got 57/80! I improved since December mocks. (But the average mark for an 8 is like the mid-60s I think)
  • I got some prom items ready
  • My revision at home hasn't been as productive as I wanted it to be but I can always try to catch up
  • I got accepted on this Maths programme called Seven+. Hopefully, it will help me obtain my predicted grade in Maths
  • At the moment, I've just finished a Macbeth mindmap and I'm moving onto Geography
Attached files
CraigBackner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
did you do foundation core science, but not higher adiditonal science?
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by CraigBackner)
did you do foundation core science, but not higher adiditonal science?
No, I've always done higher, in both. Last year, in core, I did higher.

What gave you that impression?
CraigBackner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, I've always done higher, in both. Last year, in core, I did higher.

What gave you that impression?
Oh because most people(in fact all people on my school) who do core/additional science can only get max B if you do foundation, so because your an A for aditional science, but got a b last year I thought you did foundation the year before
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
Update: 19/04/17

So I got my Maths Paper 2 and English Language paper 2 back.
Maths : 64/80... Which is the highest I've ever gotten, I don't even know how I got that!
English Lang 65/80... Hopefully, I'll get this mark in the real exam, I'm so happy!

I'm currently revising for my Geography and Sociology tests.
misstiah_h
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Update: 19/04/17

So I got my Maths Paper 2 and English Language paper 2 back.
Maths : 64/80... Which is the highest I've ever gotten, I don't even know how I got that!
English Lang 65/80... Hopefully, I'll get this mark in the real exam, I'm so happy!

I'm currently revising for my Geography and Sociology tests.
Wow congrats on the marks! I am so impressed with your maths results -- do you have any revision tips for the new spec?
Keep up the good work & progress x
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by misstiah_h)
Wow congrats on the marks! I am so impressed with your maths results -- do you have any revision tips for the new spec?
Keep up the good work & progress x
Thank you so much!

To be honest, from what I remember, I was spending too much time revising the material rather than actually practising it. So I stopped going on maths watch (this might not work for everyone) and printed off sooooooo many Maths papers and did them. Once I marked them, I realised I kept getting the same questions wrong over and over again and that's when I went back on Mathswatch to revise certain topics again.

Number one piece of advice is from Hegarty Maths ... he said something along the lines of "Don't stop practising something because you got it right once, but keep practising until you don't get it wrong"

(This was quite lengthy sorry!)
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
Update: 22/04/17

I am to get quite a lot of work done today. I think I going to ease off making revision materials and just start practicisng the actual exam papers.
Rn, I'm about to write a 30 mark essay on the topic of "How far do you think Shakespeare presents Macbeth as noble and brave?"
Later in the day, I would like to do:

English Lit: Start making some comparison tables for the poems in the Power and Conflict anthology(AQA)
Geography: Revise the Tourism section of the paper (AQA B)
Sociology: Practice paper 2 and find out my weaknesses as I have a test on Monday (AQA)
Additional Science: Go over B2. 3 (Edexcel) as that is where I lost the most marks on my mock (I'll post the marks later)
RS: Go over and practise some questions on Community and Tradition, as I genuinely have no idea what that section is.(Edexcel, A Study based on Roman Catholic Christianity)

Hopefully, I'll get this all done!!!!
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
Update: 15/05/17

I clearly haven't been updating regularly, so I think I might just make an update for every exam I do:

Religious Studies Unit 3 Edexcel: I revised everything, however, I thought that the exam wasn't great. It was alright though, not too bad. Although, I really wanted a c question on exclusivism, inclusivism and pluralism and the roles of men and women! Oh well, on to the next RS Paper (Unit 10).

Sociology Unit 1 AQA: This paper made me feel so much better, although I don't think my 12 marker on marriage not being important had very convincing points. The worst is out of the way...My next paper is Crime, Mass Media, and Social Inequality: 3 topics which I love!

I'm currently just about to revise Coasts and Urbanisation, some Eng Lit, Unit 10 (RS) and Sociology.
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
Update: 19/05/17

Sociology Unit 2 AQA: I think the exam was alright but the worst thing happened...I accidentally answered the wrong section! I have no idea how this will affect my grade but I'm really annoyed at myself. Altohugh, I was able to answer some questions on Power so all is not lost!
Mosope17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Update: 19/05/17

Sociology Unit 2 AQA: I think the exam was alright but the worst thing happened...I accidentally answered the wrong section! I have no idea how this will affect my grade but I'm really annoyed at myself. Altohugh, I was able to answer some questions on Power so all is not lost!
What do you mean by the wrong section? Sorry but could u explain
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mosope17)
What do you mean by the wrong section? Sorry but could u explain

Oh okay, not necessarily the wrong but our teacher taught us: Crime and Deviance, Social Inequality and Mass Media but in the exam, I answered Crime and Deviance, Social Inequality and Power...

So I did a section I had never been taught but it looked so similar to Inequality so yeah.
Mosope17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Oh okay, not necessarily the wrong but our teacher taught us: Crime and Deviance, Social Inequality and Mass Media but in the exam, I answered Crime and Deviance, Social Inequality and Power...

So I did a section I had never been taught but it looked so similar to Inequality so yeah.
Oh okay. You still might do very well tho. Perhaps you just "naturally" kno a lot about the "power" element.
Preciousxo
Rep:
?
So since I've updated, I've done more exams which went better than the first week

English Lit Paper 1 AQA: The extract for Macbeth was unexpected when talking about ambition, but the Jekyll and Hyde question was much better, I had more points to make.
Geography Unit 1 AQA: For the first time, was actually confident on my answers for the urban section and I didn't run out of time! I preferred the coasts section.
Mandarin Reading and Listening Edexcel: Good exams, I did loads of past papers in the lead up to the exams so I was really prepared.
Religious Studies Unit 10 Edexcel : I wasn't really confident on this exam, but I think it went well
Maths Non-Calculator Edexcel: Unexpected..hopefully, I can still get a 7/8
English Lit Paper 2 AQA: BEST PAPER. I compared Bayonet Charge to Remains (my favourite poem) Although the unseen poem was a bit off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (39)
9.7%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (76)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.68%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (123)
30.6%

Watched Threads