The Student Room Group

The Werewolves of TSR - ROUND THREE CHAT THREAD

Poll

Who should be elected Sheriff of the Village?

It's time to enlist players for the third game. :smile:
On round two @Labrador99 lead her team to victory as the last surviving werewolf. :congrats:

Information from the second game:

I. The Roles

Villager: You are just a villager. Each night, one of them is eaten by Werewolves. This player is then eliminated. The survivors meet the next morning and try to find out who the Werewolves are. After discussion, they choose one player who will be eliminated.

Werewolf (4): Each night, they eat a villager. The next day, they pretend to be a villager so they will not be eliminated. There are 1, 2, 3 or 4 Werewolves according to the number of players. A Werewolf can eat a Werewolf.

Fortune Teller: Discovers the role of a player of their choice every night. He/She must help the other villagers but discretely so as not be found by Werewolves.

Little Girl: Can see the actions of that of the Werewolves. After the Werewolves have decided on their victim, the Little Girl shall be PMed and the Werewolves can have a guess as to who she is before morning comes. She will die if the Werewolves guess who she is, but she can find out who the Werewolves are by guessing one player to be a Werewolf every night.

Hunter: If he/she dies, he/she must immediately kill another player of his/her choice.

Cupid: On the first night, he/she chooses 2 players and makes them fall in love. If one dies, the other dies too. A lover cannot vote against the other lover. If the lovers are a villager and a Werewolf, their objective changes; they must eliminate all the players except them. If they are both villagers or both Werewolves, their objective does not change, but everything else does come into effect.

Witch: He/She has two potions:
- one to save the Werewolves' victim
- one to eliminate a player
He/She can only use each potion once during the game. He/She can use her two potions during the same night. He/She can save herself if he/she is attacked by Werewolves. He/She is told who the Werewolf’s target is and asked if he/she wants to save them at the end of each night.

Sheriff: Has 2 votes for the voting of who is to be killed at the end of each day. Note: voted in by the villagers and can have multiple roles (ie: Werewolf and Sheriff etc.)

II. The Rules

1. Do NOT tell anyone your role. Not a player, not an ally, not a user who is not in the game, not your real life friends, not your cat, NOT TO ANYONE.

2. You are NOT allowed to make your role public. For example, no ‘You are welcome’ if you are the Witch and save someone, no ‘I am the Fortune Teller/Little Girl and X is a Werewolf’, no ‘Do not lynch me because I am the Hunter’, et cetera.

3. No sharing of information. You can drop a few mild hints, but nothing too obvious.

4. Alliances are allowed, but to be kept to a minimum.

5. In the chat between the Werewolves, Little Girl, and the host, everyone but the host will enter anonymously. The chat will only include the names Werewolf 1, Werewolf 2, Werewolf 3, Werewolf 4, Little Girl, and (host’s username). You are Werewolf 1/2/3/4 based on when you entered the chatroom.

6. The Werewolves are allowed to make a collective guess on who the Little Girl is and the Little Girl is allowed to make a guess on the identity of a Werewolf. The Little Girl’s guess does not concern a specific Werewolf like Werewolf 2. She just nominates a person whom she believes to be a Werewolf and if correct, the Werewolf with that number replies or the other Werewolves inform the Little Girl that she is right. The Little Girl and Werewolves must answer with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ based on whether the other’s guess is correct or not.

7. You MUST be active! If you do not participate for 24 hours, you will be kicked out of the game and replaced.

8. Choosing the players of the next round is done according to how active they are, whether they have played this before or not, and both their role(s) and time of death (or lack thereof) if the person has played before. So, if you are the Witch and Sheriff who lived until the end, expect any newbie or villager who lived until the end to be prioritised over you.

9. Only the votes of living players count.

10. Do not use any means to cheat in any form.

11. If you were Sheriff last round and make it into this round, you are not allowed to run for Sheriff.

12. You can only vote for yourself if it is an elimination vote.

13. You are NOT allowed to claim any role. The only role claim that is acceptable is 'I am not a Werewolf' (whether you are one or not) for obvious reasons).

If you want to play please be ACTIVE and have space in your PMs.

Tag anyone who would be interested

---

As I understand there are a number of players that have already asked to be part of round three:

Spoiler

could those tagged above confirm, thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XOR_
On round two @Labrador99 lead her team to victory as the last surviving werewolf. :congrats:

Information from the first game:
I shall require 8-18 TSRians to become part of the first round of this game.
Once I have 18 people I shall PM you as to what your role is for the game.
YOU MUST KEEP THIS PRIVATE!!!!

If you are a Villager - you're just a villager - each night, one of them is eaten by werewolves. This player is then eliminated. the survivors meet the next morning and try to find out who the werewolves are. After discussion, they choose one player who will be eliminated.

The Werewolves (4): Each night, they eat a villager. The next day, they pretend to be a villager so they won't be eliminated. There are 1, 2, 3 or 4 werewolves according to the number of players. In any case a werewolf can eat a werewolf.

The Fortune Teller gets to discover a role of a player. He/She must help the other villagers but discretely to not be found by werewolves.

Little Girl: Can see the actions of that of the Werewolves. After the Werewolves have decided on their victim, the Little Girl shall be PMed and the Werewolves can have a guess as to who she is before morning comes. She will die if the Werewolves guess who she is, but she can find your who the Werewolves are by guessing one player to be a Werewolf every night.

The Hunter, if he/she is killed by werewolves or eliminated by vote, he/she must immediately kill another player of his choice.

Cupid The first night, he chooses 2 players and make them fall in love. If one dies, the other dies too. A lover can't vote against the other lover. If the lovers are a villager and a werewolf, their objective changes; they must eliminate all the players except them.

The Witch: He/She has got two potions :
- one to save the werewolves's victim
He/She can only use each potion once during the game. He/She can use her two potions during the same night. He/She can save herself if she just had been attacked by werewolves.

The Sheriff: Has 2 votes for the voting of who is to be killed at the end of each night. Note: voted in by the villagers and can have multiple roles (ie: Werewolf and Sheriff etc.)

I will be making a new thread per round. [For the votes]

In if there's space :biggrin:
Original post by XOR_

If you are a Villager - you're just a villager - each night, one of them is eaten by werewolves. This player is then eliminated. the survivors meet the next morning and try to find out who the werewolves are. After discussion, they choose one player who will be eliminated.

The Werewolves (4): Each night, they eat a villager. The next day, they pretend to be a villager so they won't be eliminated. There are 1, 2, 3 or 4 werewolves according to the number of players. In any case a werewolf can eat a werewolf.

The Fortune Teller gets to discover a role of a player. He/She must help the other villagers but discretely to not be found by werewolves.

Little Girl: Can see the actions of that of the Werewolves. After the Werewolves have decided on their victim, the Little Girl shall be PMed and the Werewolves can have a guess as to who she is before morning comes. She will die if the Werewolves guess who she is, but she can find your who the Werewolves are by guessing one player to be a Werewolf every night.

The Hunter, if he/she is killed by werewolves or eliminated by vote, he/she must immediately kill another player of his choice.

Cupid The first night, he chooses 2 players and make them fall in love. If one dies, the other dies too. A lover can't vote against the other lover. If the lovers are a villager and a werewolf, their objective changes; they must eliminate all the players except them.

He/She can only use each potion once during the game. He/She can use her two potions during the same night. He/She can save herself if she just had been attacked by werewolves.

The Sheriff: Has 2 votes for the voting of who is to be killed at the end of each night. Note: voted in by the villagers and can have multiple roles (ie: Werewolf and Sheriff etc.)

---

As I understand there are a number of players that have already asked to be part of round three:

Spoiler

Hi, I want to be part of it. It's just it won't let me delete any pm's. :s-smilie:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Hi, I want to be part of it. It's just it won't let me delete any pm's. :s-smilie:

I'm having that same problem :colonhash:
Original post by XOR_

---

Spoiler

Yesss I'm in :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by XOR_

Confirmed :excited:

Just a note: You might want to copy-paste the original post of ROUND TWO, not Round One, since that one also includes various rules and updated information for the roles.

If you have any questions about hosting the game, XOR, feel free to PM me at any point. :h:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
Confirmed :excited:

Just a note: You might want to copy-paste the original post of ROUND TWO, not Round One, since that one also includes various rules and updated information for the roles.

If you have any questions about hosting the game, XOR, feel free to PM me at any point. :h:

done :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by XOR_

I. The Roles

Villager: You are just a villager. Each night, one of them is eaten by Werewolves. This player is then eliminated. The survivors meet the next morning and try to find out who the Werewolves are. After discussion, they choose one player who will be eliminated.

Werewolf (4): Each night, they eat a villager. The next day, they pretend to be a villager so they will not be eliminated. There are 1, 2, 3 or 4 Werewolves according to the number of players. A Werewolf can eat a Werewolf.

Fortune Teller: Discovers the role of a player of their choice every night. He/She must help the other villagers but discretely so as not be found by Werewolves.

Hunter: If he/she dies, he/she must immediately kill another player of his/her choice.

Cupid: On the first night, he/she chooses 2 players and makes them fall in love. If one dies, the other dies too. A lover cannot vote against the other lover. If the lovers are a villager and a Werewolf, their objective changes; they must eliminate all the players except them. If they are both villagers or both Werewolves, their objective does not change, but everything else does come into effect.

He/She can only use each potion once during the game. He/She can use her two potions during the same night. He/She can save herself if he/she is attacked by Werewolves. He/She is told who the Werewolf’s target is and asked if he/she wants to save them at the end of each night.

Sheriff: Has 2 votes for the voting of who is to be killed at the end of each day. Note: voted in by the villagers and can have multiple roles (ie: Werewolf and Sheriff etc.)

II. The Rules

1. Do NOT tell anyone your role. Not a player, not an ally, not a user who is not in the game, not your real life friends, not your cat, NOT TO ANYONE.

2. You are NOT allowed to make your role public. For example, no ‘You are welcome’ if you are the Witch and save someone, no ‘I am the Fortune Teller/Little Girl and X is a Werewolf’, no ‘Do not lynch me because I am the Hunter’, et cetera.

3. No sharing of information. You can drop a few mild hints, but nothing too obvious.

5. In the chat between the Werewolves, Little Girl, and the host, everyone but the host will enter anonymously. The chat will only include the names Werewolf 1, Werewolf 2, Werewolf 3, Werewolf 4, Little Girl, and (host’s username). You are Werewolf 1/2/3/4 based on when you entered the chatroom.

6. The Werewolves are allowed to make a collective guess on who the Little Girl is and the Little Girl is allowed to make a guess on the identity of a Werewolf. The Little Girl’s guess does not concern a specific Werewolf like Werewolf 2. She just nominates a person whom she believes to be a Werewolf and if correct, the Werewolf with that number replies or the other Werewolves inform the Little Girl that she is right. The Little Girl and Werewolves must answer with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ based on whether the other’s guess is correct or not.

7. You MUST be active! If you do not participate for 24 hours, you will be kicked out of the game and replaced.

8. Choosing the players of the next round is done according to how active they are, whether they have played this before or not, and both their role(s) and time of death (or lack thereof) if the person has played before. So, if you are the Witch and Sheriff who lived until the end, expect any newbie or villager who lived until the end to be prioritised over you.

11. If you were Sheriff last round and make it into this round, you are not allowed to run for Sheriff.

13. You are NOT allowed to claim any role. The only role claim that is acceptable is 'I am not a Werewolf' (whether you are one or not) for obvious reasons).

---

Spoiler

I'm in :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by XOR_
done :wink:

Thank you :hugs:

Just a note... I made a typo under the Little Girl paragraph... It said 'find YOUR who the Werewolves are' instead of 'find OUT who the Werewolves are', so you might want to fix that :hide:

I cannot wait for the Sheriff manifesto time to start :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by XOR_

I. The Roles

Little Girl: Can see the actions of that of the Werewolves. After the Werewolves have decided on their victim, the Little Girl shall be PMed and the Werewolves can have a guess as to who she is before morning comes. She will die if the Werewolves guess who she is, but she can find out who the Werewolves are by guessing one player to be a Werewolf every night.

II. The Rules

---

Spoiler

Ill play but i dont know how to play😂😂
Yeah, Round 3's here, yaaaaaaaayy!! :smile:
Original post by Lychee627
Ill play but i dont know how to play😂😂

AMA about how to play this game :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo
AMA about how to play this game :hugs:

Like idk how to play in general :rofl:
Like idk how to play in general :rofl:

You will have to be more specific... :laugh:

Long story short, you are given a role. There are two sides: the village and the Werewolves. If you are any village role (a.k.a. any role besides Werewolf), you win if all the Werewoles die. If you are a Werewolf, you win if all the villagers die. We have seen both a village win (Round One) and a Werewolf win (Round Two).

There are also the lovers. If one of them is a village role and the other is a Werewolf, their objective and side change. They only win if BOTH of them live until the end and everyone else dies. So, if one is a Werewolf and one is a villager, they only win with each other rather than with their initial side. Both lovers die if one of them dies, so they must ensure the other's safety, not just their own. If they are on the same side from the start (e.g. two Werewolves or a villager and the Fortune Teller), they are still on their initial side, but they only win if they both live until the end (e.g. if the villager lovers die and the village wins, the lovers DO NOT win since they died).

Every night, the Werewolves kill a person and have one guess regarding the Little Girl's identity while the special roles use their abilities. By the end of a night, at least one person dies unless the Witch saves them.

Depending on what side you are on, you must do your best to win. You can use a few methods to win (for example, by forming an alliance); it is up to you what your strategy is.

If you are a village role, you must figure out the Werewolves' identities and get them lynched or killed. If you are a Werewolf, you must make sure no one suspects you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
You will have to be more specific... :laugh:

Long story short, you are given a role. There are two sides: the village and the Werewolves. If you are any village role (a.k.a. any role besides Werewolf), you win if all the Werewoles die. If you are a Werewolf, you win if all the villagers die. We have seen both a village win (Round One) and a Werewolf win (Round Two).

There are also the lovers. If one of them is a village role and the other is a Werewolf, their objective and side change. They only win if BOTH of them live until the end and everyone else dies. So, if one is a Werewolf and one is a villager, they only win with each other rather than with their initial side. Both lovers die if one of them dies, so they must ensure the other's safety, not just their own. If they are on the same side from the start (e.g. two Werewolves or a villager and the Fortune Teller), they are still on their initial side, but they only win if they both live until the end (e.g. if the villager lovers die and the village wins, the lovers DO NOT win since they died).

Every night, the Werewolves kill a person and have one guess regarding the Little Girl's identity while the special roles use their abilities. By the end of a night, at least one person dies unless the Witch saves them.

Depending on what side you are on, you must do your best to win. You can use a few methods to win (for example, by forming an alliance); it is up to you what your strategy is.

If you are a village role, you must figure out the Werewolves' identities and get them lynched or killed. If you are a Werewolf, you must make sure no one suspects you.

Okay i will try to do what i can :rofl: how does the last werewolf die? If we vote for them?
to play or not to play....:beard:
Okay i will try to do what i can :rofl: how does the last werewolf die? If we vote for them?

There are three ways for a Werewolf to die.

1. Lynching during the day. The players discuss who to eliminate that day (every day, someone is eliminated). Once they know who they want out, they vote in the poll. The person with the most votes dies. If there is a tie, the host will let fate decide.
2. The WItch's death potion. The Witch can use her death potion on anyone.
3. The Hunter's death. If the Hunter dies, they kill a player of their choice.

For villagers, there are the same three ways to die + getting killed by the Werewolves at night.
Original post by Michiyo
There are three ways for a Werewolf to die.

1. Lynching during the day. The players discuss who to eliminate that day (every day, someone is eliminated). Once they know who they want out, they vote in the poll. The person with the most votes dies. If there is a tie, the host will let fate decide.
2. The WItch's death potion. The Witch can use her death potion on anyone.
3. The Hunter's death. If the Hunter dies, they kill a player of their choice.

For villagers, there are the same three ways to die + getting killed by the Werewolves at night.

Okay sounds good to me :tongue:
Original post by XOR_
I'm having that same problem :colonhash:

It's gone on for nearly two weeks now too. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest