The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Computer Science and Maths - How many credits are taken each year?

Hi,

In the process of deciding my firm and insurance choice. I have been given an offer from exeter to study Computer Science and Mathematics.

On their course structure page they state what optional modules you can take; their weight in credits and up to how many credit you can take.

However I am unsure of how many credit in total per year you can take.

For example, under year 2 it states for optional modules to:

- Select 15 to 45 credits of Computer Science Options
- You may select 0 to 30 credits of Mathematics Options
- You may select 0 - 30 credits of Other Options

and for year 3 it states for optional modules to:

- Select 15 to 45 credits of Computer Science Options
- Select 30 to 60 credits of Mathematics Options
- You may select 0 to 30 credits of other options

I am under the impression you do not have a total of the sum of the upper bounds (105 for year 1 and 135 for year 2), as otherwise why would they give you the range - as it is to my understanding that you must have a certain amount of credits taken each year and no less.

TLDR; what is the number of credits you must take each year, and can you take less or more than that amount - and if so, what does that mean for your degree.

Thanks
Elliott
You MUST take 120 credits each year, otherwise you can't pass the year. And trust me, you dont want to be taking 105 one year then 135 the next....

With a "Computer Science AND Maths" course, I think the expectation is you take around 50:50 Maths:computer science modules or credits, although having 30 optional credits complicates that a tad.

Hope this helps
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending