I firmed an unconditional if i firm offer, but i also chose an insurance Watch

Sonia Alves
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got an unconditional if i firm from winchester, but i also chose an insurance with another uni
is this an issue?
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You cannot have an insurance place as you've confirmed you are definitely attending the other uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hayyz91
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you firm an unconditional, you are in. both you and the university have agreed to you going there so the insurance doesn't really count.
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
You cannot have an insurance place as you've confirmed you are definitely attending the other uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
it hasn't been updated to unconditional, as it was previously conditional, so i chose an insurance, should I call ucas to reject my insurance?
EmmaCx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sonia Alves)
it hasn't been updated to unconditional, as it was previously conditional, so i chose an insurance, should I call ucas to reject my insurance?
You will need to get in touch with the university that you have firmed and tell them that you now meet their requirements, and that you have firmed their choice. They should then get around to updating their offer to an unconditional and then your place will be secured.
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hayyz91)
If you firm an unconditional, you are in. both you and the university have agreed to you going there so the insurance doesn't really count.
But it was a conditional unless i firmed, which i did but the offer hasnt yet changed to unconditional, ucas gave me the option to chose an insurance, should i phone ucas about rejecting my insurance?
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmmaCx)
You will need to get in touch with the university that you have firmed and tell them that you now meet their requirements, and that you have firmed their choice. They should then get around to updating their offer to an unconditional and then your place will be secured.
so i dont have to worry about the fact that i chose an insurance?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But it was a conditional unless i firmed, which i did but the offer hasnt yet changed to unconditional, ucas gave me the option to chose an insurance, should i phone ucas about rejecting my insurance?
It should happen automatically once your firm choice changes it to conditional
EmmaCx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
so i dont have to worry about the fact that i chose an insurance?
No you won't have to worry. If it is taking a long time (a couple days) to update your firm to Unconditional, then get in touch with your chosen university who'll be able to sort that out for you.
Your insurance offer will not impact your ability to go to your firmed choice in anyway.
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
It should happen automatically once your firm choice changes it to conditional
do you mean unconditional ?
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmmaCx)
No you won't have to worry. If it is taking a long time (a couple days) to update your firm to Unconditional, then get in touch with your chosen university who'll be able to sort that out for you.
Your insurance offer will not impact your ability to go to your firmed choice in anyway.
Thank you so much!
Quan1997
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exact same situation. Mine changed to unconditional in two days shouldn't be an issue. BTW what course you doing?
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quan1997)
Exact same situation. Mine changed to unconditional in two days shouldn't be an issue. BTW what course you doing?
Yeah mine changed this morning Drama, how about you?
Quan1997
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah mine changed this morning Drama, how about you?
Law😐 bit nervous cus Is pretty far from where I live and don't know anyone in areas
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quan1997)
Law😐 bit nervous cus Is pretty far from where I live and don't know anyone in areas
Im sure it'll be fine most people around the south kinda area are pretty nice, im sure you'll be just fine
ChanandlerBong12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are these unconditional offers Ones you received late in the form of a letter from the Uni?
Sonia Alves
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChanandlerBong12)
Are these unconditional offers Ones you received late in the form of a letter from the Uni?
yep!
ChanandlerBong12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yep!
Congrats. Got one myself and accepted
charlotte_can98
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im doing law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.63%
Pop (231)
24.81%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.69%