Report Thread starter 2 years ago
xx
catholicgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kelly99)
Does anyone know if any of the essay writing services actually work or are credible??
I would recommend that you stay away from them. One of my friends used them during first year for one of their essays and got in trouble for plagiarism (over 80% of her work was found to be unoriginal and was not referenced). She got kicked out and has had trouble finding another university place and can't even get an apprenticeship!!

Her life is ruined!! She has over £15,000 of student debt and has no degree to show for it !!
kelly99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by catholicgirl)
I would recommend that you stay away from them. One of my friends used them during first year for one of their essays and got in trouble for plagiarism (over 80% of her work was found to be unoriginal and was not referenced). She got kicked out and has had trouble finding another university place and can't even get an apprenticeship!!

Her life is ruined!! She has over £15,000 of student debt and has no degree to show for it !!
I'm so stuck with my law essay and I need help not someone to write the whole thing for me but like to prompt me with an outline would be fab
catholicgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm so stuck with my law essay and I need help not someone to write the whole thing for me but like to prompt me with an outline would be fab
Why don't you ask you lecturer for help? I am currently doing an essay and my lecturer said we could email him our ideas and he would tell us if we were on the track..
kelly99
Rep:
?
i did, she said she wouldn't comment on our structure until we produce a first draft (due coming monday) just to be fair to everyone else
problem is I cant even produce a first draft now ugh
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Clearly if you submit their essay, then it would be cheating.
I imagine it would be hard to detect if you wrote it in your own words.
Have you thought about a tutor or just looking at some of the revision books.

Is it an essay or a problem question?
kelly99
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Clearly if you submit their essay, then it would be cheating.
I imagine it would be hard to detect if you wrote it in your own words.
Have you thought about a tutor or just looking at some of the revision books.

Is it an essay or a problem question?
it's an essay, would like to get a tutor but it's due soon so need some emergent help... do you do law? xx
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
it's an essay, would like to get a tutor but it's due soon so need some emergent help... do you do law? xx
I cant see how it would be problematic unless you have left it too late.

Do the research

Formulate your ideas then just write it.

Only difficult if its in depth i.e a dissertation.
If its just a first year essay, then cant you check if there isnt a law revision book that covers it? I cant remember if they do essays as well as problem answers?.

Maybe read the law faq and show p;people what the title is plus what you have done so far and what the problem is? there is a reluctance to do peoples homework for them when no effort has been made.
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i did, she said she wouldn't comment on our structure until we produce a first draft (due coming monday) just to be fair to everyone else
problem is I cant even produce a first draft now ugh
The thing is, using an essay service might sound worth it. In terms of you being able to produce a first draft. But you won't learn anything from it. This could cause you to really struggle further down the line. Plus, there's no guarantee that what you get given is actually credible. Someone can just pretend to have a good understanding of the subject, or assumes they have, and then you've paid all this money and you've failed. Try speaking to your lecturer again and talk about how you are really struggling with the subject, ask if there is any advice or resources they can provide you with. Try reaching out to others on the course, and asking if they can help you understand it.
Look for more resources on the subject, have you tried watching videos? Have you tried any books not on your reading list? How about Google Scholar articles? What you want to be doing is developing your research skills and your ability to understand the subject. How about starting from another place in the essay? If you are struggling with the introductory paragraph, why not try going for a paragraph that'd be somewhere later on? Try to get something down on paper that meets the word count, even if you're not sure how correct it is. Use the feedback that you're provided to be able to research the subject, develop an understanding, and then produce a good essay.
kelly99
Rep:
?
I've literally googled the essay title and stuff and nothing relevant really popped up, I know it is not ideal depending on other people's work..
She only gave us the title last week, so I really did not have enough time to absorb everything and stuff x
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've literally googled the essay title and stuff and nothing relevant really popped up, I know it is not ideal depending on other people's work..
She only gave us the title last week, so I really did not have enough time to absorb everything and stuff x
Don't just rely on googling the essay title. Try searching up things relevant to the theme of the essay - what is the essay about? What questions is it asking you? What do you think might be relevant? Answer these questions, and use them to base your research on. You might be able to find more resources that way, again, considering talking to your lecturer and seeing if they can suggest something. I've had last minute essays on entirely new things flung at me, with really short deadlines (Although this was at HNC Level rather than university). And although not ideal, it is achievable to study these concepts and produce an essay that passes. Ask other people on your course what resources they used, I'm sure most of them will be happy to provide you with links to some of the work they referenced and such.
BillD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I need help with my project management coursework. Can I use writing service as help? Is that legal? I will write my own essay but Im not sure how to start. Can you help me?
timmonsoooon123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BillD)
I need help with my project management coursework. Can I use writing service as help? Is that legal? I will write my own essay but Im not sure how to start. Can you help me?
Hey, I think you can have no fear. Really. What kind of help do you need? Advice?
Lori J cook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Academic Writing Services are helpful if you're looking for editing your essay but if you are trying to purchase essay from them then i recommend you to write by your own because purpose of assignment is to enhance students ability and productivity so its better to write by yourself and then use their editing services.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.15%
Labour (328)
42.43%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.18%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.72%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)