The Student Room Group

Moving Towards Dating

I met a woman a month ago. I'm interested. I she might be. She has initiated stuff more than me. She always hugs me, the last time quite hard though she hugs a lot of people. She has been complimentary of me but it's hard to know quite how to take them because English isn't her first language.

We met at an event, talked with a third person for ages. We were both going to another, she started some convo, it seemed obvious she was angling for hanging out before so I suggested it and we did. We hung out at a third event. I had mentioned I wasn't working much last week so she asked if I wanted to hang out those days but turns out our days free didn't line up. She invited me for a quick drink with her and her friend (who I'd met before) so I joined them for one. A mutual acquaintance invited us both for a drink, I checked if she was going so went but she got stuck at work too late so didn't make it.

I think I need a bit of time with just the two of us to flirt and bit and see how she reacts. Everything so far has been very casual, like stuff we'd be doing anyway without the other. There's nothing like that for a few weeks (or days off) that I can could use as an excuse. So I kind of have to ask her to something.

Maybe it's lack of dating experience. Maybe it's over thinking. But I'm not sure what seems the appropriate thing to do. Maybe I am trying too hard to play it cool when I shouldn't, I'm not sure what counts as coming on a bit strong when you're not sure if someone is interested.

I could see if she wants to go for a drink during the week since she missed the one the other day. I mentioned planning to go to a nice cinema last time I saw her but didn't get the chance so I could see if she fancies going there. Those seem my obvious options.

Any suggestions or words of...well I would say wisdom but this is TSR :tongue:
Its a little hard to say because some girls are just huggers and a little bit of a flirt. It is a good sign that she wanted to hang out with you though. In fact I'd say that was a very positive sign but just as quickly as something can heat up and she wants to hang out with you it can just as quickly cool off. So, don't linger especially since you're schedules don't always line up. Are you Facebook friends with her? If so messenger her and flirt via text messenger a little bit. Then say do exactly what you thought of see if she wants to meet for a drink during the week since she wasn't able to before. If she isn't able to then you could even ask one more time to meet with her - maybe even more casual like for coffee and see how she responds - if she can't meet for a third time (in a a row) then I'd take that as a sign she's not interested and leave it unless she makes a fuss about being so sorry and suggests you two try yet again. Definitely give it a go..... you'll never know otherwise!

Good Luck!
Reply 2
We've chatted a bit by messanger so I was also thinking of sending her something she'd find funny then take it from there. But I'm also crap at flirting in text, I just don't quite get how it's different from general chatting? I'm so unclear on it I might do it without even realising, I mean there's been smilies, joking about and her texts usually have a 'x' at the end

But you are right, I need to not linger and do it today
Reply 3
I said we should go for a drink and now I'm thinking her response was too keen, it was even all caps. For now I'm going to assume it's because I played too cool or it's a cultural difference thing.I can't decide if I think this dating business is easy or hard work :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending