AQA AS Level Gov and Pol exam structure help Watch

massiveretard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I am looking for the structure of the exam and can't find any good help googling.

I know I will have paper 1 and paper 2, and will be doing Unit 1 and Unit 2. However when looking at previous exam papers from AQA, it shows I will do 2 sets of a 5marker, 10marker, and 25marker, but no 40 marker. I did 40 markers in class and just cannot find where these will fit in??!?!?

Also, I would like a complete list of all topics in unit 1 and unit 2. I know the ''general'' headings like people, politics and participation, but cannot find anywhere where it clearly says something like ''Unit 1 is made of 4 topics, xxx, xxx, xxx, and xxx''. The reason why is I am not great at gov and pol and would like to focus on my 2 strongest units instead of doing 4 poorly. I am aware this is like playing Russian roulette if the question on my dedicated units are bad, but I would like to take the risk!

Thanks guys! And I hope you are all studying hard this holiday.
massiveretard
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
bump bois
listono
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As far as I'm aware the 8 topics are...
UNIT 1: Voting Behaviour, Electoral Systems, Parties and Pressure Groups
UNIT 2: Constitution, Parliament, Executive and Multi-Level Governance.

We didn't do 40 markers in class or in the exam, and I don't understand where you've gotten that idea from as they're not present in the exam.

I focused on two topics (but this was mostly due to the fact I missed the two topics when they were being taught) - revising these in depth got me an A in the exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.26%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.82%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.61%
No, I am unable to (116)
23.34%
No, I chose not to (144)
28.97%